Updating my veiws on Dr. Ron Shapiro

Guys bear with me this is an emotional roller coaster man!!!!, i beleive im a very level headed guy but this stuff has got me twisted around.

I would like to sub name this post "Putting it into perspective"

I previously complained about gaps and thin spots wich are filling in somewhat, im at 9 months on Fri. Dec. 22 2005, Different angles, different lighting, different rear view mirror shots everything brings different ups and downs, well I recently tried to calm down and put it into perspective and heres what i got.

Was I too quick to fly to Vancouver (Hasson and Wong)to reach for answers that i wanted to hear? maybe

Did I pick out the little flaws with my Procedure at Shapiro? Probably

Did I Give my Procedure enough time before judgement? (8 1/2 months) NO!!

Do I think Dr. Ron Shapiro is top notch? Yes

Do I think Matt made a bad call on my donor? I still think so but theres no harm done

Did he do it to book me for 3 procedures or for my own good? im honestly struggling with that one

Do i wish i had a bigger session? Yes

To sum it up i think Dr. Shapiro performed a miracle with only 2523 Graphs in front and back, it is so natural you cannot tell anything and for that im very thankful, when i see other pictures of 2500 Graphs and what they got i feel lucky that i started with Dr. Shapiro.

This is a hard decision for me to change clinics for my next procedure (Really hard!!!) but i have done my research and feel confident in Dr. Hasson, im going to be more aggressive than Dr. Shapiro would have done on me by about 1 thousand Graphs or more.

I am Very satified in the quality of my Procedure from Shapiro Medical Group but I am going for a larger 2nd procedure fully aware of the risks wich i feel are minimal with a top notch Surgeon.

I will provide pictures from the very start of this roller coaster ride for all to view and hopefully learn from as soon as i get that figured out, i was not planning on that but now i will do it, give me some time to get all my pictures together.

Very Sincerely, Mudpuppy

Guys bear with me this is an emotional roller coaster man!!!!, i beleive im a very level headed guy but this stuff has got me twisted around.

I would like to sub name this post "Putting it into perspective"

I previously complained about gaps and thin spots wich are filling in somewhat, im at 9 months on Fri. Dec. 22 2005, Different angles, different lighting, different rear view mirror shots everything brings different ups and downs, well I recently tried to calm down and put it into perspective and heres what i got.

Was I too quick to fly to Vancouver (Hasson and Wong)to reach for answers that i wanted to hear? maybe

Did I pick out the little flaws with my Procedure at Shapiro? Probably

Did I Give my Procedure enough time before judgement? (8 1/2 months) NO!!

Do I think Dr. Ron Shapiro is top notch? Yes

Do I think Matt made a bad call on my donor? I still think so but theres no harm done

Did he do it to book me for 3 procedures or for my own good? im honestly struggling with that one

Do i wish i had a bigger session? Yes

To sum it up i think Dr. Shapiro performed a miracle with only 2523 Graphs in front and back, it is so natural you cannot tell anything and for that im very thankful, when i see other pictures of 2500 Graphs and what they got i feel lucky that i started with Dr. Shapiro.

This is a hard decision for me to change clinics for my next procedure (Really hard!!!) but i have done my research and feel confident in Dr. Hasson, im going to be more aggressive than Dr. Shapiro would have done on me by about 1 thousand Graphs or more.

I am Very satified in the quality of my Procedure from Shapiro Medical Group but I am going for a larger 2nd procedure fully aware of the risks wich i feel are minimal with a top notch Surgeon.

I will provide pictures from the very start of this roller coaster ride for all to view and hopefully learn from as soon as i get that figured out, i was not planning on that but now i will do it, give me some time to get all my pictures together.

Very Sincerely, Mudpuppy

Just speaking for myself, if I could get 4000-6000 grafts done properly & safely in one session, I would rather do that, than go under the blade 2-3 times to get the same thing. Who wouldn't? I think that is Muddpuppy's frustration, since he could've been done & over with it all by now if he had a mega session in the 1st place. Good luck Mudpuppy!!!

6544 grafts - Dr Hasson 11/30/05

Hi Mud, just saw your post and I am glad that you offered some lucid thoughts concerning your experiences with Dr. Shapiro. I can certainly understand not wanting to go through multiple surgeries, facing 1 or 2 more myself icon_smile.gif

My question is twofold: 1st have you expressed these concerns with Dr. Shapiro directly? 2: why did Matt make the final call on your donor hair? I would be interested to know what his response is. I do know that Dr. Shapiro believes strongly in doing what is best for the patient, not necessarily what is latest "fad". I hope that you follow up with this and also post your level of satisfaction with Shapiro Medical's response.

In addition, I think choosing Dr. Hasson to finish you off is a great move, as you obviously want to AGRESSIVELY attack your hairloss. From some I have spoken with, this is an area of concern from a results standpoint, but by having Shapiro provide you with a great base to work from, it is only going to enhance your experience with a skilled physician such as Dr. Hasson. If you have the 3500 grafts plus your 2500 previous grafts, you should be sitting pretty my friend!!!!!!! I look forward to following your adventure with aticipation.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.