hiding transplants

Hi,

I had my procedure done near the end of July, and as I have posted before, I have some pretty decent growth, especially on one side of my head. My problem is that in certain lighting conditions I can still see the reddish discoloration of where the work was done, and I'm sure that other people notice that,too. It also seems like the grafts that are growing in are quite noticable under certain lighting. I was a class 4 with some decent hair left in the mid scalp, somewhat similar to a mohawk, so I'm able to cover much of the work, but I'm afraid that if I get a haircut everything that I mentioned will be much more noticeable. My questions are: Will more hair grow in to cover that reddish outline and will a haircut make things look better or worse? I also need to mention that I had some temple work done and there is also a reddish outline surrounding those. I know it's hard to give advice without seeing pictures, but any input would be welcome.

Hi,

I had my procedure done near the end of July, and as I have posted before, I have some pretty decent growth, especially on one side of my head. My problem is that in certain lighting conditions I can still see the reddish discoloration of where the work was done, and I'm sure that other people notice that,too. It also seems like the grafts that are growing in are quite noticable under certain lighting. I was a class 4 with some decent hair left in the mid scalp, somewhat similar to a mohawk, so I'm able to cover much of the work, but I'm afraid that if I get a haircut everything that I mentioned will be much more noticeable. My questions are: Will more hair grow in to cover that reddish outline and will a haircut make things look better or worse? I also need to mention that I had some temple work done and there is also a reddish outline surrounding those. I know it's hard to give advice without seeing pictures, but any input would be welcome.

bananas,

If you only just had your surgery at the end of July, this would make you only just 3 months out, which is extremely early in the process.

Extended postoperative redness is common, and hair growth only typically starts between 3 to 5 months. Expect things to change significantly over the next several months.

If you have any photos, feel free to post them.

Best wishes,

Bill