Does each graft produce a scab appearance

I have a two-part question. I have read in several places that FUs can not be placed to close together. If this is true then why not?

My second question is; I have just had 2400 FU grafts done by a well established doc. I am a class 5. Would each graft always have a scab. I have not counted them, but it does not look like 2400. I was wondering if there were grafts that were planted that I probably can not see.

I am not doubting how many they put in, but would they all be accounted for?

I have a two-part question. I have read in several places that FUs can not be placed to close together. If this is true then why not?

My second question is; I have just had 2400 FU grafts done by a well established doc. I am a class 5. Would each graft always have a scab. I have not counted them, but it does not look like 2400. I was wondering if there were grafts that were planted that I probably can not see.

I am not doubting how many they put in, but would they all be accounted for?

The limiting factor which prevents hair transplants from being placed too close together is the surface tension of the skin. The skin normally has a surface tension which is increased if follicular units which have substance and mass are added to the skin. If you get too many of them, they won't stay seated in the skin. Because the skin is so elastic and the FUs so small, you can put a lot of them in a small area, 45 in one square centimeter. 2400 grafts would not have any where near that many scabs.

Dr McClellan, I know that you use needles for placement of grafts. Lateral slit technique claims less poppage in dense packing and some doctors are talking about 65 grafts per square centimeter and up. Is this possible or do you beleive that they generally would not take very well?