Still thinking about it...

Gorpy

I'm still debating about getting transplant with Dr. Keene. It's not that I'm considering anyone else at this time. It's her or no one. My main concern is shock loss. I have quite a bit of diffused hair still remaining in the transplant area. I'm concerned about it all being shocked out. Dr. Keene recommended a 30 grafts per cc. over the entire area. I suppose that if it all eventually comes in, any previous shock loss wouldn't matter because that's thick enough for me at 49 years old. Plus my original hair was never really thick. So I could acheive the "illusion" of density with 30cc. I'm leaning stongly towards going ahead with it. I really want that new hairline that she is so good at creating. Dr. Keene said that some shock loss is a possibility. I think that is realistic. It would be unlikely that it would all shock out, right?

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I would expect some shock loss....Initially...but not likely to all fall out, but after about a year with my 2500 (front and crown) from Dr. Keene and being on proscar I would say is is a non issue. So give us the details of your hair loss and how many grafts you are looking for. I feel very fortunate to have found Dr Keene, she is the tops.

I'm looking at 2700 grafts, 90 sq cm * 30 per cm density, starting at my new hairline and going back to just before what most people would call the crown. I have no real loss on the crown yet and no need for grafts there. My new hairline would be about 1.5 to 2 cm below my current hairline. Throughout the area behind my current hairline, I have diffused hair throughout. I'm not experienced at estimating the density of the area, but it's thin enough to be very noticable. Maybe 10 or so hairs per cm in the thicker parts. When I see myself in pictures, I say to myself "wow, I'm bald". I have a good donar area of more than 5000 grafts.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

I just posted my current pictures under the "Hair Transplant Photos" category. Comments are welcome.

He, John Se, I just noticed, we are neighbors.

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

My Photo Album

My personal advice is that if your counting down to 10 hairs per sq cm, your not that far from counting 5. Go get it done before it's all gone. The minimal shock loss, which will grow back, will be nothing compared to having your hair back like it was 10 or 20 years ago. It was absolutely the best thing I have ever done for myself and is already changing my life in ways that I never dreamed of. Quit beating yourself up about shock loss and go for it. I had concerns also about shock loss before my HT but actually experienced very little of it. I have also noticed quite a bit of regrowth in areas that were not transplanted. I think this is from the propecia and extra protein I now take daily. Just go for it!! You won't be sorry!!!!

Nashville Kat