MSM

Maxxy

Just a random drunken thought regarding MSM.

I use MSM and have no doubt in it making my nails stronger, I also believe it speeds up hair growth.

I have read many times, while it speeds up hair growth it won't help transplanted grafts grow faster (exiting the scalp quicker). Why not?

After a follicle produces a hair be it transplant or not would MSM not have the same effect on its growth speed? resulting in the hair growing faster and exiting the scalp quicker?

I can understand it won't effect the resting phase of the follicle, but it should effect the hairs growth after that?

• 10 months later...

I had a hair transplant in 2007. 3 months later I suffered badly from Shock loss.

I strated to take large doses of MSM.

Without 3 months I noticed that I did not have to use as much toppik. Both my natural hairs and the transplanted hairs had started to grow back. My surgeon told me that it would take from 12 to 18 months. After 6 months my hair looked great. My surgeon said I was very lucky and it was unusual for this to happen. I attribute the growth to MSM as this is the only thing that I took (other than aldactone -which i had been taking anyway).

I now regularly take MSM. I believe that it does accelerate hair growth.