Ques. for the Docs and others - Proscar

Guest dude1

Hi

I'm in my late 50's and have been on Proscar, later Propecia, for 2 years. I've had one HT which has turned out well but I need much more work. For awhile while taking the drug my hair loss stablized and my hair seemed to grow even faster! After the HT the hair has seemed to thin. Trama from the HT? Seb. Derm? Perhaps stress? Perhaps an adverse reaction now to the Proscar? I'd like to get this stabilized again. My dermatologist has said it will grow back once my scalp is healthy again and all traces of the seb. derm. have gone (I'm on a medicated shampoo called Capex, which has controlled the seb. derm.). Should I stay on Proscar? I've seen comments on this forum to the effect that Proscar can have the opposite effect. I'm concerned about loosing any ground I may have gained with the HT. Any comments? I appreciate any and all input

[This message was edited by dude1 on February 20, 2003 at 05:18 AM.

[This message was edited by dude1 on February 20, 2003 at 05:20 AM.]

[This message was edited by dude1 on February 20, 2003 at 05:08 PM.]

Hi

I'm in my late 50's and have been on Proscar, later Propecia, for 2 years. I've had one HT which has turned out well but I need much more work. For awhile while taking the drug my hair loss stablized and my hair seemed to grow even faster! After the HT the hair has seemed to thin. Trama from the HT? Seb. Derm? Perhaps stress? Perhaps an adverse reaction now to the Proscar? I'd like to get this stabilized again. My dermatologist has said it will grow back once my scalp is healthy again and all traces of the seb. derm. have gone (I'm on a medicated shampoo called Capex, which has controlled the seb. derm.). Should I stay on Proscar? I've seen comments on this forum to the effect that Proscar can have the opposite effect. I'm concerned about loosing any ground I may have gained with the HT. Any comments? I appreciate any and all input

[This message was edited by dude1 on February 20, 2003 at 05:18 AM.

[This message was edited by dude1 on February 20, 2003 at 05:20 AM.]

[This message was edited by dude1 on February 20, 2003 at 05:08 PM.]