Propecia and Nizoral

I just started taking propecia. I read that I should also shampoo with Nizoral also. I also read baout people usong a Tsal shampoo either before or after the Nizoral. I am not sure if you are suppose to use Tsal before or after the Nizoral.How important is using the Nizoral. On the directions it says only use up to 8 weeks. As long as I am on Propecia should I use the Nizoral? If anyone has any info about these products or what I should be taking while I am on Propecia. I am 21 years old and have only lost a little hair by my temples. WOuld Rogaine help at all. I really dont feel like messing with it if Propecia will stop the balding or grow back the little hair i have losted.

I just started taking propecia. I read that I should also shampoo with Nizoral also. I also read baout people usong a Tsal shampoo either before or after the Nizoral. I am not sure if you are suppose to use Tsal before or after the Nizoral.How important is using the Nizoral. On the directions it says only use up to 8 weeks. As long as I am on Propecia should I use the Nizoral? If anyone has any info about these products or what I should be taking while I am on Propecia. I am 21 years old and have only lost a little hair by my temples. WOuld Rogaine help at all. I really dont feel like messing with it if Propecia will stop the balding or grow back the little hair i have losted.

take this advice for what it is, but in my opinion, if you're on Propecia, nothing else will make much of a difference (except for maybe duasteride). I was 22 when I started on Propecia, and initiall planned to use rogaine as well, but I only ended up with white flakes in my hair. Nothing beats taking the pill, and rogaine is a pain to apply. Stick to Propecia, and use other stuff only if you have time - in my opinion not worth it.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

tbill,

I have a slightly different impression of Rogaine than Micropose. I actually like the stuff, and have noticed that it makes my hair look fuller. It may just be the way my hair reacts to it, because I've read of others who get a greasy feeling, I just haven't experienced that. I like it, and think that both Propecia/Proscar and Rogaine are a real good regiment. I'm starting to learn though that I might be in the minority.

I'm thinking your recession is probably nothing to worry about. I remember when I was your age, I thought I was picking up on recession/thinning and I went to a toupee place, and the guy laughed. He told me he suspected that I was overreacting based on the phone call, and he told me the only thing he would do for me is cut my hair. In hindsight, I probably got lucky that I didn't go to a Hair Club for Men type of place.

I would see a dermatologist and see what they think about going on proscar/propecia.

Good luck.

Manko