Shaving head after HT?

I had a 600 graft HT to the front of my head about 14 weeks ago and haven't seen much, if any at all, growth yet. I currently wear a system and have been wearing it very low so I don't put any tape over the grafted area, and it looks horrible. I have many important things coming up in a week or two that I'd like to look my best for. So my question is this...Would it hurt the grafted area if I were to shave it? If i used a razor to get it as low as possible and then put the tape over it, would that hurt it? Are the grafts in there well enough yet? Thanks for any info.

I had a 600 graft HT to the front of my head about 14 weeks ago and haven't seen much, if any at all, growth yet. I currently wear a system and have been wearing it very low so I don't put any tape over the grafted area, and it looks horrible. I have many important things coming up in a week or two that I'd like to look my best for. So my question is this...Would it hurt the grafted area if I were to shave it? If i used a razor to get it as low as possible and then put the tape over it, would that hurt it? Are the grafts in there well enough yet? Thanks for any info.

It would not hurt to shave your head. Putting tape over the recipient area is another matter. Nobody knows for sure that tape would hurt, but chronic occlusion and rubbing from a hairpiece is felt to be detrimental by many top hair transplant doctors (but there is no hard evidence). I would recommend leaving the hairpiece off as much as possible and try to avoid taping over the grafts. If this is not practical, at least use as little tape as possible and move the tape the different locations frequently.

Dr. Parsley is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network