In the future will the cost of FUE drop to the competitive price of Strip?

I believe prices are already comming down a bit. Some docs charge 13-14 dollars/graft ... I guess they only want to have Hollywood as customers.

Where 10 Dollar/graft was still "standard" about 6 months ago I have found offers for +-7$/graft for first 1000 and 5 $ 1000+. On top of that most docs also compensate for airfare and hotel.

I believe prices have to come down since much LESS staff required then during strip HT.

FUE is quite new and only few docs can offer it. that's just economics !

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

FUE is the future that is for sure. In a few years it will be about the same costas FUT Hair mills will continue to use out dated procedures

there are only a few that offer FUE.

Guest Pumpkinhole

FUE is NOT superior to the strip method, it simply has SOME benefits.

When you have a piece of scalp excised, and the skin is sutured shut, density will diminish because the skin is stretched. As opposed to FUE, NO skin is removed, yet the graft is, leaving islands of non hair-bearing skin. If you have enough FUE procedures, you'll end up with a patchy scalp where there's skin but no hair.

So in essence you're either going to end up with a mottled look (FUE) or a linear scar (FUT) in the donor area. There's DEFINITELY A TRADEOFF! I think a person wanting more than 3,000 grafts performed over a lifetime would have an unsightly donor area, so in this case a COMBINATION of FUE and FIT makes the most sense.

Personally, I think the best option is to have FUE for the frontal hairline because you have more control over the hairs/graft - you can select single hair grafts for a softer look. And in the crown, if necessary, where the aesthetics are not quite as important but where density is, go with the FIT.

FUE may never be as inexpensive as strip. FUE is expensive because it is labor intensive and more work is done by the physician (high direct labor cost) than by technicians (low direct labor cost). With strip, the doc removes the strip and gives it to one or more relatively inexpensive technicians. And they dissect the strip into grafts.

In FUE, the doc does all the extraction work himself.

Of course in the future technicians may be doing the extraction part of a FUE procedure. But that may, or may not, reduce cost, depending upon how many technicians would be working on you at once (probably two at most), and how much longer each session would be, and how many more sessions you'd need.

HT Quality hasnt always cost more ??

I think FUE prices will come down, The hair mills are getting as much $$$ or more than the good microscopically disection all-FU clinics are getting per graft ??......and cutting grafts by a magnifying loop is at least 4 times faster than with a microscope.

I think the prices will come down - right now you see primarily docs doing the FUE procedure's, one has to wonder how the tech's will be brought in to help ? and of course whether it will create a quality issue. I give it 3-4 years & you will see FUE at $4 a graft. My speculation only here.