density issues

Can anyone advise me please on the density of the transplanted hair.The work i require is all temporal and a little in the hairline.Will the transplanted hair match the density of my existing hair.I wouldn't want the transplanted hair to be thinner than my existing hair.

Can anyone advise me please on the density of the transplanted hair.The work i require is all temporal and a little in the hairline.Will the transplanted hair match the density of my existing hair.I wouldn't want the transplanted hair to be thinner than my existing hair.

Typically, transplanted hair has a lower density than native hair. One of the reasons for this is that many patients (but certainly not all) will lose more hair than can be transplanted. So, for example, a patient might lose 15,000+ follicular units to male pattern baldness. That patient might have only 7,500 transplantable follicular units in his donor area though. What to do? Well, if the patient desires hair transplantation over the entire balding area, he would need to sacrifice density to achieve coverage. This is not uncommon at all as many patients who desire hair transplantation also have substantial loss.

There are, however, some notable exceptions. Some patients have minimal loss and show no signs of miniaturization. This would suggest that the risk of major future loss in small. In such a case, the donor supply versus the donor damand is favorable. So building high density might be a real option. You might be a good candidate for high-density packing. Obviously, you must get a physician consult, or several physician consults, in order to get a true feel for whether or not your goal can be reached.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Remember and most good surgeons do this, as you get older your hair naturally gets less dense, so you want to transplant accordingly with strategic placement and density for apperance 5-10plus years from now. (I had my first when I was 24 and probally about 4 years too early) The other 4 HT blended everything out and Shapiro on the last 2 made everyting 100% natural