Dr Jeffrey S Epstein

Neil Nelson

Regarding my experience with Dr Epstein,

I just had the procedure done early this week, but I wanted to share my thoughts on Dr Epstein (he insists you call him Jeff). First of all, everything about his office is super professional. I had 3100 grafts done (talk about a long day) and he was there or supervised at least half of it. Since I have pretty thick hair on the back of my head, he was able to practically "scalp" me for the donor hair and they worked tirelessly to cover all the areas where genetics failed me. While the procedure is never totally pain-free, it was about as close to that as I could have ever imagined. So much easier than the average dentist apopointment.

From my point of view as a patient, Dr Epstein is top notch. He calls the next day, has you come in to wash your hair for the first day or two, spends the time with you to make you feel both at ease and to explain what he is going to do if you want. Then, he takes charge during the procedure to cut out the donor hair and supervises the staff constantly to make sure all is going smooth.

It is going to take some time to know the final results(a few months, I guess), but I think that Dr Epstein has earned his excellent reputation in my book.

If anyone has any specific questions about him, you can email me at TheFlyingBen@aol.com and I will be happy to vouch for him and his excellent staff.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it took a while but what a difference...these are taken after 10.5 months from an operation with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein...it actually looks thicker in person...but the flash or dark pictures do not do it jusctice

Before_Small.jpg.08ffe517a6c610dfaf639fe8c72a9e23.jpg

HT with Dr. Jeffrey Epstein

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

Hey Philly,

Just admiring your latest photos.

You must be delighted, my friend - the results look absolutely remarkable.

I'm guessing no regrets? icon_wink.gif

Best wishes,

Neil

2000 FUT's with Dr Jeffrey Epstein

December 17th 2004

Originally posted by Phillyhair:

after side

Just had a look at some of your older pictures and this after 10.5 month. What an improvement! Congratulations!

PB

regrets??????

I am exctatic man. I still think the pictures and the lighting do no do it justice....I shoudl take additional pictures in teh daylight.....but I am very happy with the results. I have updated my pictures in the full gallery as well

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

Thanks Guitarplayer..

it is an awsome and life changing experience...especially when no one can tell what has been done...I have to comment on the scar and Dr. Epstein's surgical skills as I cannot even find my own scar...

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

Originally posted by Phillyhair:

Neil,

How inconsiderate of me..I was taken by my resukts...how is it going with you so far?

No problem Philly - you're justified in concentrating on your own results! They are great!

Nothing much more to add to my last update and pictures, except to say that my barber and I are experimenting with an ever-shorter style.

I'm now down to a #1 buzz on the sides (testimony to how fine DR E's scar is over my ears), 1.5 on the top, and a mixture of 2 and 3 at the back where I still have older scarring that Dr E couldn't excise in one sitting.

I tell you my friend, after nearly 20 years of covering up inferior work, to wear a modern, authentic short style that looks totally natural is just, well, "liberating" is the best way to describe it. The sense of freedom and confidence is just awesome. My wife keeps telling me I now have a full head of hair cropped stylishly short and totally cool-looking.

What more could a guy ask for? icon_biggrin.gif

Keep well and happy my friend.

Neil

December 17th 2004

Hi Guys,

You both have great results, congratulations!

Not to bud in on your party, but I also had my HT on Dec. 17th, 2004! It was my first HT (1938 grafts) and I think I need one more to finalize the density.

Based on your previous experiences, would you wait till after a year or just go for it and not waste any more time?

Thanks,

HH

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

HairHope,

Most doctors and patients alike say that it takes a full year to assess the results from a hair transplant. I would wait until the one year mark. You have nothing to lose. Even after a year, the transplanted hair thickens up a bit.

GuitarPlayer

Originally posted by HairHope:

Hi Guys,

You both have great results, congratulations!

Not to bud in on your party, but I also had my HT on Dec. 17th, 2004! It was my first HT (1938 grafts) and I think I need one more to finalize the density.

Based on your previous experiences, would you wait till after a year or just go for it and not waste any more time?

Thanks,

HH

Hey there HH, I would agree with our friend GuitarPlayer above.

The general rule of thumb tends to be to wait at least a year to see the final results. The nine-month stage is a pretty good marker for the coverage you're going to achieve, but as GP observes, the following three months should see the new hair thickening up to give you more density.

I'd be looking to the New Year before I'd give a second session any serious thought, if I were you.

Regards,

Neil

December 17th 2004

Neil,

Great to hear your news and know you are happy and fine......

In response to the question, i would wait for the full year.....to get full results and then based on that, I would choose my next steps...No time waisted...what's 2 months in a man's life

Dec. 17, 2004

3029 FU--NW5

• 3 weeks later...