regrowth time lines by area

I am 6 mos post op from 3700 strip ht. The doc conf'd he went "right back" (NW5). I have seen good regrowth results in the frontal area but have seen little activity in the crown. This number of grafts would only allow for light coverage up top so my expectations are realistic - however I was hoping to see some growth by now. Are regrowth time lines a bit different for different recipient areas?

Gotta love having a hairline for the first time in a number of years though so even if what I see now is the close to the end result....it was all worth it

I am 6 mos post op from 3700 strip ht. The doc conf'd he went "right back" (NW5). I have seen good regrowth results in the frontal area but have seen little activity in the crown. This number of grafts would only allow for light coverage up top so my expectations are realistic - however I was hoping to see some growth by now. Are regrowth time lines a bit different for different recipient areas?

Gotta love having a hairline for the first time in a number of years though so even if what I see now is the close to the end result....it was all worth it

Hey dodger,

Most of my work was done in the crown area. I was informed by my doctor that new growth in the crown area typically lags behind new growth in the hairline. This was also confirmed by many of the guys posting here this past January.

I'm currently just past 9 months post-op and looking back, I don't recall much HT excitement happening at the 6 month point.

In your case, I would venture to guess that you'll start seeing more noticable improvement during the upcoming holiday season, and even then, I am told, there's often even more growth and refinement after 9-10 months.

(you're almost there man icon_biggrin.gif)

Best

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog

thedodger,

Welcome to our community.

PGP and Middleson are correct. For some strange reason, the crown does have a tendency to lag behind. I haven't heard a lot on this from a doctor's perspective however, as to why this occurs. The few replies I have read from doctors on this subject even state that they don't understand why this happens.

But rest assured that as long as you selected a quality hair restoration physician, that the transplanted hair in your crown will grow.

Best wishes,

Bill

That seems to be the trend icon_frown.gif

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!