PAI Medical

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and stumbled across this excellent site. I'm considering having a HT at PAI Medical but cannot find any information or opinions on them.

Can anyone offer any pros or cons on them?

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and stumbled across this excellent site. I'm considering having a HT at PAI Medical but cannot find any information or opinions on them.

Can anyone offer any pros or cons on them?

Thanks,

These guys look like a "hair mill", a franchise that puts high turnover ahead of individual results.

They are not doing state-of-the-art "all-FU" transplants, they use a combination of large and small grafts. That approach is faster and more profitable for the clinic, but not as natural looking.

You want a clinic that uses microscopes to dissect Follicular Unit grafts. Microscopes can increase the graft yield by a reported 20 to 30 percent. In other words, clinics that do not use microscopes may be throwing some of your precious donor hair into the garbage.

Look at the page "Best_hair_transplant_procedure" to get more information on why the all-FU procedure is the best.

Here's the website for PAI, in case anyone else wants to see it. It's pretty cheesey:

http://www.paihair.com/en_hair_grafting.asp

Wow, I'm really glad I found this site, I was going to book a seesion with PAI, but now that I've seen what can be done and is available, I've got more research to do.

Does anyone know of a GOOD place to get a HT in the Ottawa area?

Thanks for the warnings...don't want plugs!