if you had a HT at 35, could you go buzzcut at 55 if things got bad??

I am just wondering what your thoughts are on options later in life if hairloss progresses to the point where there is no donor hair left and the only option is to leave the island on the top of transplanted hair, or cut it all short.

Would the scar look brutal?? would the look be freakish?

I am just wondering what your thoughts are on options later in life if hairloss progresses to the point where there is no donor hair left and the only option is to leave the island on the top of transplanted hair, or cut it all short.

Would the scar look brutal?? would the look be freakish?

If you decide to shave all after having strip surgery you will probably be stared at in public places. The scar is and will be very visible on a shaven head until you die.

If you are concerned by this then you better look for a Dr. that can do FUE/FIT. Any scarring that should remain from FUE will be diffuse and hardly be noticed by others on a shaven head.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

I agree with bverotti.

i have been keeping my hair 'buzzed' with clippers on the sides and back until my transplants grow in. (fue), and you cannot tell anything was done! Completely undetecable!

Transplants tend to be a losing battle for guys who have or are heading towards extensive hairloss.

so you may want to go the FUE route instead of strip and keep the option of just forgetting about it/buzzing it when your in your 50's.

Do you mean his donor area is balding too?

Do you mean it thinned out?

How bad is it?

Is it grey?

If his hair is grey, the scar would be almost indetectable.

sorry, been out of town.

Yes the donor area is thin, diffused, but grey. He has always had rather coarse hair and mine is fine, but his has gotten finer and thinned.

I have seen 3 scars from stip procedures and they look rather fine amongst the 30 yr old scalps I have seen, but wondering what they would look like 30 years later and how genetics would effect me if I have the same pattern as Dad.