HR for black men

Can anyone tell me were I can view some results of hair restoration in black men? I haven't seen many pics online. I will be visiting a few surgeons next month, but I'm still curious to see some results if possible. Does anyone know of any good HR surgeons in the Atlanta area?

Can anyone tell me were I can view some results of hair restoration in black men? I haven't seen many pics online. I will be visiting a few surgeons next month, but I'm still curious to see some results if possible. Does anyone know of any good HR surgeons in the Atlanta area?

You might just try sifting through the threads on this forum to find posts dealing with hts on black men (I think I have seen a few). The authenticity of a lot of the pictures floating around online are often questionable, so your best bet is probably to locate some real patients through the forums here or see some from the doctors you meet with. But I have read that natural results aren't as difficult to achieve in black men due to a smaller contrast between skin pigmentation and hair color, whereas caucasian or asian men with dark hair and light skin tend to pose more challenges, especially with the hairline. So you're probably starting off with one advantage already. You can locate credible surgeons using this site as well; here is the link to the doctor I found in Atlanta:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/doctors.asp?DrID=39

Hope that helps a little. icon_wink.gif

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

Dr. Griffin does very nice, natural work on Black patients.

I would recommend an actual in person visit with him first.

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content...20I.%20Griffin,%20MD

Because A.A. patients can achieve a very nice look with a minimum of grafts, do not be swayed by the session sizes you see performed on members of other ethnic groups.

I would say another Dr. to consider would be Dr. Jerry Cooley.

However, while he is a tremendous Doc-- I do not associate him with A.A. patients, like Dr. Griffin and a few others.

Perhaps an in person consult with him is in order to look at his patient photo base to clarify this is in order.

I hope this helps you out.....

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need too.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your replies. I've actually been to 3 HR clinics within the past month. Dr Griffith was the last and most impressive of the clinics. I'd only grown my hair for a month with my initial consult(my head's been shaved for 10 years because of my balding). I'll go back next week to have a density re-check. Hopefully, I'll have enough density to hide the surgical scar. My visit will also be used to try and contact some of his former patients and maybe see a few results in person. I will definitely ask if I have more questions.

Thanks again.

Black guys are actually very lucky when it comes to HTs - their hair is curly, thick, and the contrast with the skin is much less which means their HTs usually look twice as good as anyone else's, and with fewer grafts. I'm sure you will be fine, just be sure to pick a great doctor!