Un-transplanting the crown

I had approximately 600 grafts placed into my crown area on my last HT because the doctor misinterpreted my question as to whether the grafts would cover the crown (I meant grafts placed in the vertex and angled backwards). I am Norwood 5 and need much more in the frontal and mid-scalp areas and no grafts should have been placed in the crown.

I am now wondering if it would be a good idea to excise those grafts and move them where they should be or if that would be a bad idea and risk scarring or poor graft survival. I suppose I could be philosophical about it and think well at least I have light coverage in the crown, but I am terrified that the crown will continue to bald and I will end up with the "island of hair surrounded by a moat of baldness."

Any suggestions from doctors or patients with an opinion are welcome.

I had approximately 600 grafts placed into my crown area on my last HT because the doctor misinterpreted my question as to whether the grafts would cover the crown (I meant grafts placed in the vertex and angled backwards). I am Norwood 5 and need much more in the frontal and mid-scalp areas and no grafts should have been placed in the crown.

I am now wondering if it would be a good idea to excise those grafts and move them where they should be or if that would be a bad idea and risk scarring or poor graft survival. I suppose I could be philosophical about it and think well at least I have light coverage in the crown, but I am terrified that the crown will continue to bald and I will end up with the "island of hair surrounded by a moat of baldness."

Any suggestions from doctors or patients with an opinion are welcome.