Is there anything I can add to my regimen?

Anonymous

I've been meaing to post here for a while...but I don't know what to ask. I figured I've gotten all the answers from my previous topics on what I should be taking to fight my hairloss. But in these past 4 months, I've lost more hair than I've ever expected to lose even though I've been taking the same topicals and pills. Both temples have receeded tremendously and my hairline almost looks transparent. Somedays, I feel really depressed cause of my hair, I've lost some of my confidence because of my hairloss and I'm increasingly becoming more and more paranoid when I hang out with friends if I sense they're looking at my hair. I think I'm taking all the right topicals and pills to fight hairloss, I used nizoral shampoo for a 1 month and a half but switched back to baby shampoo after seeing no effects, I even tried pausing on everything for about a month but I only ended up losing more hair, specifically in the temple region. If anyone can recommend something to add or drop to my regimen, I would appreciate it.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

I've been meaing to post here for a while...but I don't know what to ask. I figured I've gotten all the answers from my previous topics on what I should be taking to fight my hairloss. But in these past 4 months, I've lost more hair than I've ever expected to lose even though I've been taking the same topicals and pills. Both temples have receeded tremendously and my hairline almost looks transparent. Somedays, I feel really depressed cause of my hair, I've lost some of my confidence because of my hairloss and I'm increasingly becoming more and more paranoid when I hang out with friends if I sense they're looking at my hair. I think I'm taking all the right topicals and pills to fight hairloss, I used nizoral shampoo for a 1 month and a half but switched back to baby shampoo after seeing no effects, I even tried pausing on everything for about a month but I only ended up losing more hair, specifically in the temple region. If anyone can recommend something to add or drop to my regimen, I would appreciate it.

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Anonymous,

You seem to have a good regimen. I would just suggest having a good therapeutic shampoo in your shampoo rotation to use two to three times per week. Nizoral and Neutrogena T-Sal are both excellent therapeutic shampoos. They mainly help with inflammation and itchiness of the scalp, which can often be the result of using Rogaine.

GuitarPlayer

Hey troy and Guitarplayer, hairloss isn't common in my family, just my dad.. and I think he's about a NW4..My Uncle has a full head of hair, no sign at all of hairloss. I'm only thinning on the front hairline.. not on the crown so I take that as a good sign for now. But I'm really worried if I'll recede as far back as him or even further, and how long it'll take. My current regimen isn't cutting it anymore. My hairloss has quickened these past few months, and the proscar.. rogaine.. everything else i'm taking.. doesn't seem to do anything. I can literally count the number of hairs still clinging onto my front hairline.

GuitarPlayer- Would you recommend I still try Neutrogena T-Sal even if I don't experience any inflamation or itchiness? I've already tried Nizoral for about 2 months and didn't notice any effects. In any case, if the only thing I can add is a combination of shampoos.. than I'll surely lose hope in keeping the remaining hair I have.

*I just switched to Fincar today, its basically generic Proscar and instead of taking 1mg a day.. I've decided to try 1.25 mg. I don't know if it will do much but I sure hope so.

Anonymous,

Nizoral and T-Sal work in different ways. From what I've read, Nizoral eleminates some of the DHT in the scalp where as T-Sal increases the absorption rate of topicals such as minoxidil. I actually use both. I mix a little bit of both in my hands and then lather into my hair and leave it on the scalp for about five minutes. I do this two to three times per week.

You can get really cheap T-Sal from Walgreens for about $3.50 per 16 ounce bottle. It's their own brand, but it's the same active ingredients. They run specials about every other month for "buy one get one." They charge $7 per bottle, but during the buy one get one you get them for about $3.50 per bottle. Dr. Lee also sells a shampoo that combines the active ingredients of Nizoral and T-Sal, but it's a bit expensive. It's much cheaper the way I do it.

Guitar Player

thanks for the info guitarplayer, I'll try this combo as soon as possible. Just one question, do you use 1% Nizoral AD or 2%? Can anyone else recommend T-Sal? I'm just trying to stay on the safe side, I lost a lot of hair when I was on Nizoal 1%, but I'm not sure what exactly was the cause, could've been something else.