Should I increase the Propecia dose?

Hair2day

I have been on topical minoxidil 5% twice daily x 3-4 yrs. I added Proscar 1.25mg on M-W-F about 6 mos ago to help fill-in the crown, but the results have been disappointing thus far. I have had minimal side effects from the Proscar. Would I gain anything by dosing the Proscar more frequently or should I give it a little while longer before altering my regimen?

I have been on topical minoxidil 5% twice daily x 3-4 yrs. I added Proscar 1.25mg on M-W-F about 6 mos ago to help fill-in the crown, but the results have been disappointing thus far. I have had minimal side effects from the Proscar. Would I gain anything by dosing the Proscar more frequently or should I give it a little while longer before altering my regimen?

I've been on proscar for three years..when i first started using it, I read a study that when Propecia was first going through clinical trials as a hair loss med, varying dosages were tried...dosages above 1.25 mg per day were found to have neglible long term improvement on the hair loss....unless there's been additional testing done on it, I have yet to see any other studies that dispute this..

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

sorry Hair..didnt read it right i guess...I actually take it every day...never had any side effects whatsoever..but I'm sure it can vary by individual...

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

If you're only taking 1.25 on M-W-F, then you are taking a half dose. I would try taking it every day, and see where you are 6 months from now.

Regrowth can be hard, it's easier to maintain than it is to regrow.