FAO: BELGIUMDUDE

UKGEEZER

hello...

just seen your website.. good luck with your HT!

just a question on you 'other stories' section there is someone called 'PRguy' hehas AMAZING results...

is it definately the same person? as you cant really see his face!

also.. are you using the same surgeon as PRguy? he seems very skilled...

please advise

hello...

just seen your website.. good luck with your HT!

just a question on you 'other stories' section there is someone called 'PRguy' hehas AMAZING results...

is it definately the same person? as you cant really see his face!

also.. are you using the same surgeon as PRguy? he seems very skilled...

please advise

No im not...

I hear the results aren't that great anyway..

I thought the best option would be to replace what is lossed and that use something to prevent further loss (fingers crossed it'll work)

what do you use?

so what is the latest thing to help me stop any future hair loss?

Im quite a newbie on this..

and what are the costs?

also, has there been any research into the LONG TERM effects of these hair drugs I would hate to think they could cause a terrible disease..

do we know a lot about them?

I was also told one of the drugs could help prevent protate cancer? is this true?

Thanks Shane.. :-)

Hi UK,

the pics are indeed PRGuy ( Shane ) from this forum. If you want to see his face, check out www.alviarmani.com, patient pics icon_wink.gif It is very important to take the meds PRGuy describes. Otherwise you will have one transplant after the other if you dont do anything to stop the progress or at least slow it down, whcuh the meds do in maybe 90% of the cases. Proscar is the same as propcia, only much cheaper and you need to quarter the pills because the are 5mg and propecia is 1mg. I paid about 120 euros ( +-80 pounds?? )for a years worth of proscar. Add rogaine and you have a good chance of slowing down your hairloss seriously! Only downside is that it works better for the crown and midscalp but it also helps for the frontal part of your hair. It is true that the drug can help prevent prostate cancer because proscar is a drug for prostate problems. The active ingredient is finasteride which is exactly the same as the active ingredient of propecia.

I see you are about 1 year older than me, what are you on the NW-scale? Maybe you could take some pics and post them here to get some opinions on how many grafts to get. You will get a lot of comments: some will say to go for it, including myself, while others will call you a stupid moron for considering a HT at a young age. My opinion is that you have enough donorhairs available to start young, but 1 thing is for sure: you will need more HT's in the future which is lifetime-commitment and which means spending a lot of $$$. The meds can work very well, but they arent a cure.

Do some research on this site, listen to all the opinion and then make a choice for yourself. There are a lot of things for you to find out before making a decision, but in the end it is your choice.

Good luck and feel free to ask any questions here that you think of. There are a lot of guys here that know about everything about HT's so dont hesitate to ask.

Pictures of my hairloss can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/belgiumdude2004/

dear Belgiumdude - thanks for the advise man....

Basically im getting it done...

Here is my plan..

To get on the Proscar 1/5's once a day for ever!

get the fronthairline restored and temples

(i know how you lot feel about thisbut here is my reason why - before i decided on HT i wanted Graftique system (these look amazing these days) unfortunately they cannot be use for front hairlines as there is too much movement at the front of the head although then can be used for above the hairline etc etc... (if a gap does appear inbetween the front and back section (touch wood it either wont or VERY slowly then I think I will cover it with a system, then when the gap is substantially large I may consider another HT....

My hair loss is very slow and my father still has a good chunk of his hair.. (completely around back and sides with good growth on top)

Just imagine how good the systems will be then...

fingers crossed everything works out for all of us.

IMO: hairis the most important aspect asthetically, it shapes your face and gives you your age....

cheers guys..

Here is my plan..

To get on the Proscar 1/5's once a day for ever!

get the fronthairline restored and temples

(i know how you lot feel about thisbut here is my reason why - before i decided on HT i wanted Graftique system (these look amazing these days) unfortunately they cannot be use for front hairlines as there is too much movement at the front of the head although then can be used for above the hairline etc etc... (if a gap does appear inbetween the front and back section (touch wood it either wont or VERY slowly then I think I will cover it with a system, then when the gap is substantially large I may consider another HT....

I was thinking about the same thing icon_smile.gif when a small gap appears behind the hairline, you can try to cover it up also wtih dermmatch, and concealers. Otherwise we would be in the chair many times... the system could also be a good idea but this would only be for a short period of time in my case cause i think i would hate the feeling. But i think it is a good plan.

Good luck.

The hair systems are very expensive! My girlfriend's father has a system and it cost him $100/month for maintenance and also the piece cost between 7,000-10,000 for his system. It looks absolutely amazing! you can't tell he has one, but he says it is way too expensive and he would never do it again. My suggestion is to go conservative and retain your donor hair for future hair loss.

------------------------------Transplant performed 02/18/2004 by Dr. Paul Rose of Shapiro Medical Group.

yeah but i think the only they dont recreate nicely is a front hair line.. so a combination of the both seems like a good idea...

also what i like about proscar is the link to helping your prostate... :-)

touch wood i'll have no side effects

The hair systems are very expensive! My girlfriend's father has a system and it cost him $100/month for maintenance and also the piece cost between 7,000-10,000 for his system. It looks absolutely amazing! you can't tell he has one, but he says it is way too expensive and he would never do it again. My suggestion is to go conservative and retain your donor hair for future hair loss.

------------------------------Transplant performed 02/18/2004 by Dr. Paul Rose of Shapiro Medical Group.