A lil help guys???

Hello everyone ... I just joined this forum literally 5 minutes ago, but I have been browsing the posts for quite sometime. Tons of great info here! Anyways, I recently received a hair transplant on December 31st ... Overall, the procedure went well, except for some swelling of the forhead and some mild discomfort ( we all know the deal) I had approximately 1400 grafts inserted to the frontal region (I still have plenty of hair up top) ... Up until the time of my transplant, I was on a steady regimine of topicals. I was using spironolactone 5% cream, and azelaic acid mixed w/ minoxidil ... Oh, and of course I am also taking finasteride ... After the procedure, I stopped taking the topicals because I feared that the alcohol content would somehow harm the grafts ... Well, it's been almost 3 months since the surgery, and I was wondering if I could resart my regimine of topicals? Are the grafts going to be harmed in anyway? Sorry if I sound paranoid, but, well I guess I kind of am ...icon_frown.gif Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advnace

Hello everyone ... I just joined this forum literally 5 minutes ago, but I have been browsing the posts for quite sometime. Tons of great info here! Anyways, I recently received a hair transplant on December 31st ... Overall, the procedure went well, except for some swelling of the forhead and some mild discomfort ( we all know the deal) I had approximately 1400 grafts inserted to the frontal region (I still have plenty of hair up top) ... Up until the time of my transplant, I was on a steady regimine of topicals. I was using spironolactone 5% cream, and azelaic acid mixed w/ minoxidil ... Oh, and of course I am also taking finasteride ... After the procedure, I stopped taking the topicals because I feared that the alcohol content would somehow harm the grafts ... Well, it's been almost 3 months since the surgery, and I was wondering if I could resart my regimine of topicals? Are the grafts going to be harmed in anyway? Sorry if I sound paranoid, but, well I guess I kind of am ...icon_frown.gif Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advnace

DecaDick,

It's normal to be a little paranoid shortly following the procedure. Noone wants to inadvertantly harm their precious new hair!

Like JacobS said, contact your physician if you are very weary. You will be fine with Minoxidil (it contains alcohol) as of now. As far as the Spironalactone 5% or azalaic acid, I cannot speculate, but 3 months out, those hair grafts are definitely yours.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thanks for the replys ... I really appreciate it! As far as my situation is concerned, I will take the advice given and contact my doctor and see what his suggestions may be ... As far as the growth, I can see many tiny hairs beginning to sprout here and there ... I am really anxious ... I know it's only been about 3 months, but I can't wait for the hair to mature in size and strength ... Well, thanks again I really appreciate it! icon_smile.gif

Deca,

These next few months are gonna be great for you. It sounds like you are kind of an early sprouter so by month 5 you should see significant improvement.

Happy Growing!

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

There are some animal studies that show topical Spirnalactone can have some effect and act as an anti-androgen. The problem is that most people do not like the smell. Dr. Cooley used to use it himself. Ther is not reason not to return to this if you liked it.

Ailene

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Dr. Jerry Cooley's personal assistant and clinical supervisor for Carolina Dermatology Haircenter. My postings are my own opinion and may not reflect Dr. Cooley's opinion on any subject discussed.

Dr. Jerry Cooley is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I would first consult your doctor for his opinion. From my experience and my doctor, Rogaine can be used 2 weeks after HT and Propecia should never be stopped. As for the other topicals, consult your surgeon.