Antibiotic ointment and donor site

I recall this question previously being asked, not sure where...Is it OK/good idea to put any kind of ointment(e.g. neosporin) along the donor scar? I am 1 week post surgery.

I recall this question previously being asked, not sure where...Is it OK/good idea to put any kind of ointment(e.g. neosporin) along the donor scar? I am 1 week post surgery.

My doctor likes Bactroban for 10 to 14 days. But that is like a glorified prescription Neo I quess. I would contact him. I once ran out of Bactroban and my doctor said Neo was just fine. Your risk of infection is probably minimal, but proper healing of scare is also important cosmetically speaking. I once stopped my ointment by day 9 and had no problems.

Ron

I'll see if I can get some bactroban. I will go real easy with it though, as I am doing fine. Just thought it might help minimize the scar...don't want to loosen up the stitches or something.

JP,

Use a real thin coat twice daily across the scare for the next week and you will be fine. Generally when stitches/staples come off, then need for ointment is done.

Take care

Ron