Scar Tissue

I have noticed that on my head where I had a FU - HT that in that area there is a slight raised area of skin underneath the transplants. In other words, when I run my fingers over my scalp I can feel that the area where the HT begins, I can feel my scalp rise underneath.

I was told that this is because of scar tissue underneath and is common for people in their mid 20's.

My question is if this is true? If so, how can this be avoided or is it just normal for scar tissue to form underneath causing a raising of the scalp area?

I have noticed that on my head where I had a FU - HT that in that area there is a slight raised area of skin underneath the transplants. In other words, when I run my fingers over my scalp I can feel that the area where the HT begins, I can feel my scalp rise underneath.

I was told that this is because of scar tissue underneath and is common for people in their mid 20's.

My question is if this is true? If so, how can this be avoided or is it just normal for scar tissue to form underneath causing a raising of the scalp area?

I've never heard of it. Of course, I don't know everything icon_redface.gif

Post this question in the "ask the doctors" forum. You might consult with another doctor...

It sounds similar to cobblestoning...is it? Or is it a broader area than just each graft being raised?