Do Doctors Ever Cheat

I was getting my first procedure done. Each time the doctor poked me I counted. When he reach 100 I reached 80ish. So I am confussed....he charges me for 100, but I only get 80. After doing 1800 of these, I ended up with only 1509 counted. I learned to count a long time ago...so i am pretty sure I am at least in the ballpark. How do we know the doctor is really putting the amount of grafts in that he or she says? Let know....I don't kno what to do.... icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

I was getting my first procedure done. Each time the doctor poked me I counted. When he reach 100 I reached 80ish. So I am confussed....he charges me for 100, but I only get 80. After doing 1800 of these, I ended up with only 1509 counted. I learned to count a long time ago...so i am pretty sure I am at least in the ballpark. How do we know the doctor is really putting the amount of grafts in that he or she says? Let know....I don't kno what to do.... icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

Who was your doctor?

There are plenty of unethical ones still performing hair transplants; this type of tactic wouldn't be surprising.

Then again, consider this: during the procedure you were hopped up on pills and your scalp should have been completely numb. I can't recall if I noticed any sensation as the sites were being made, but it's possible that you weren't keeping up with the count, considering the limited feeling up there.

Unfortunately, you're pretty much at the mercy of the doc when you're in the chair, which is why it's important to select an ethical surgeon. I don't think it's really feasible in most cases to have someone prove or disprove that the exact number of grafts you were promised got transplanted, unless the yield is nowhere near what was expected. If you're not satisfied with your final result, I would speak up. Good luck.

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

I think youngsuccess is right on...

Here's my advice, fwiw.

Pick a reputable doctor who many on here and / or other sites have recommended. Consult with a couple and choose. TELL the doctor you will be giving a full account of your procedure, with pics and everything, on this site for the next two years.

If he / she has any sense, they'll realize the tremendous opportunity they have to do you right. Also, they'll know if the results don't prove acceptable, you will still be on here for the next two years like a psycho pit-bull telling the world.

Then he / she will probably think twice about skimping on you.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

hey ovryan

Buddy if you went with a reputable doc then , like yougsuccess has all ready stated , your head will have been numb and you proberbly missed a few of them little suckers getting cut .

Try not to worry and concentrate on healing .

good luck

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007