shock fallout question for anyone

I had transplants in the front 1/3 of my scalp almost six months ago. The transplanted hair started growing almost immediately and never fell out. I had a fair amount of shock fallout of existing hair in the transplanted area. To my dismay, I also lost a great deal of hair on the top and crown where no transplants were placed.

At first I thought this was caused by some acceleration of my MPB. I thought I was going to need the rest of my scalp transplanted as soon as the donor area healed. But recently, the hair has been growing back quite well. My question is whether this fallout in non-transplanted areas could be a kind of shock fallout due to the surgery or did something else cause it? I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that shock fallout only occurred in the transplanted areas.

I had transplants in the front 1/3 of my scalp almost six months ago. The transplanted hair started growing almost immediately and never fell out. I had a fair amount of shock fallout of existing hair in the transplanted area. To my dismay, I also lost a great deal of hair on the top and crown where no transplants were placed.

At first I thought this was caused by some acceleration of my MPB. I thought I was going to need the rest of my scalp transplanted as soon as the donor area healed. But recently, the hair has been growing back quite well. My question is whether this fallout in non-transplanted areas could be a kind of shock fallout due to the surgery or did something else cause it? I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that shock fallout only occurred in the transplanted areas.

Hi Paul,

I too experienced the same shock in the crown area as you described after my HT, I was uncertain as to whether it was from the HT or from my new usage of Propecia ?...but like you the hair began to fill in later ?..for me it seemed like at the 7-8 month point after the HT that the crown shedding filled back in...Hmm....Maybe a Dr. or a person with an answer could sound off on this one..????....I was a little worried for a bit, I didnt expect shock loss in the crown area ??..Thank God it can back...whew !!