Shed after almost a year? doc? anyone?

The Von

Has anyone had a major shed after using propecia/proscar for over 10-12 monthes? It has been working well for me for the last 10 monthes, then over the last 3-4 weeks i am losing hair like crazy, big dark hairs. I have read tons of times that people get big sheds and that is a sign of good things to come, but could it happen this late in treatment? My fingers are crossed and im trying to be positive, and not freak out. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Has anyone had a major shed after using propecia/proscar for over 10-12 monthes? It has been working well for me for the last 10 monthes, then over the last 3-4 weeks i am losing hair like crazy, big dark hairs. I have read tons of times that people get big sheds and that is a sign of good things to come, but could it happen this late in treatment? My fingers are crossed and im trying to be positive, and not freak out. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I can't believe your post. That is like me to the letter.

I started on proscar 12 month's ago and hair loss came to almost a complete stop but at about 10 month's I got my first shed. I have read that this is normal and to just keep useing it. That is what I did and the shed stoped at about the 11th month. Post if you find anything new...

When you shed did you shed alot. I can rub my head over the sink and 50 hairs will come out, not to mention tons on my hands when shampooing and i see at least ten every time i comb my hair. Also did you hair become noticably thinner when you were shedding? And last but not least has the shed hair started to come back, or has hair quality improved any? Soory for all the questions, but im almost at the point of shaving my head.

Thanks a ton.

It sound's like my shed was less then your's but I never realy counted hair's. I did notice thining in the hairline and top. My hair quality improved on proscar as a whole so even though the hair I lost to the shed has not come back yet my hair still look's better then when I started proscar.

I would say before I started proscar I had what you have now with your shed but with a lesser amount of hair's (Hair in the sink on my hand's when I shampoo and in the drain) Then when I started proscar for 10 month's I had almost no hair loss at all and better hair quality. The shed was like before I started Proscar, that lasted about a month. Now I'm back to almost no hair loss again.

I hope that help's some...