Sport post op

Hi guys,

I am 9 and a half weeks post op. I had strip surgery and had grafts on my hairline area only. I have recently noticed some regrowth. It started at around 2 months, which I realise is quite early.

I also, unfortunately, had a fair amount of shock loss below my donor scar ( about 2cms all the way along the strip scar.)

I have read the debate about physical activity and donor scar stretching with interest(mainly weight lifting).

So far, I have jogged a couple of times and had a very leisurely soccer trial. I love my soccer and my team has a game on Sunday.

Now the question.....

Can, at 9 weeks, I damage my scar by running around at soccer?

What do you guys think? Will it be okay, or should I put it off for a couple of weeks?

My Doctor says I can't do any harm. I have read where other Doctors on this site say similar things. I am also aware that there are conflicting views on this and that some Drs suggest 6 months plus as a guide.

Of course I would love to play, but i also want to do the smart thing.

Cheers, Rocky.

Hi guys,

I am 9 and a half weeks post op. I had strip surgery and had grafts on my hairline area only. I have recently noticed some regrowth. It started at around 2 months, which I realise is quite early.

I also, unfortunately, had a fair amount of shock loss below my donor scar ( about 2cms all the way along the strip scar.)

I have read the debate about physical activity and donor scar stretching with interest(mainly weight lifting).

So far, I have jogged a couple of times and had a very leisurely soccer trial. I love my soccer and my team has a game on Sunday.

Now the question.....

Can, at 9 weeks, I damage my scar by running around at soccer?

What do you guys think? Will it be okay, or should I put it off for a couple of weeks?

My Doctor says I can't do any harm. I have read where other Doctors on this site say similar things. I am also aware that there are conflicting views on this and that some Drs suggest 6 months plus as a guide.

Of course I would love to play, but i also want to do the smart thing.

Cheers, Rocky.