Dr. Walter Unger

Hi, I am schedualed to go for my first HT with Dr. Walter Unger and am getting a little bit nervous after reading some of these threads. I am very young and have been told by everyone older then me that he is the best. However, on this website he seems to be getting poor reviews. Is he really that outdated? Should I back out of it? If you have positive/negative first hand experiences I would love to hear it . Please help.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if Dr. Unger is still using these techniques, but he still has this on his website:

"Slot Grafts

Slot grafts are three FUs long and approximately two FUs wide. They typically contain 10 to 12 hairs and are inserted into "slots" created with a special "slot punch" (Figures 8 and 16). They are particularly suitable for patients who want substantial hair density and who have a sufficiently good long-term donor/recipient area ratio. Once again, good hair characteristics, for transplanting, such as low hair/skin color contrast, frizz, curl and existing recipient area hair, increase the likelihood that these larger grafts will not be noticeable behind a hairline zone of FUs (and usually a zone of DFUs or TFUs behind the area treated with FUs)."

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery