Transmed in turkey or farjo in manchester??

Hey qqrooney,

I just had a HT at Transmed in Istanbul 18 days ago and I have no regrets so far. Of course, it is very early to talk about the results but I can tell you that it is a very professional center and the results I have seen so far were quite optimistic. As I am from Turkey, I did not think of course a clinic abroadicon_smile.gif

I don't know anything about the surgeon in Turkey that you mentioned, therefore I can't comment one way or the other. However, the Farjo's in Manchester have an excellent reputation going on the research I have done so far. You should also do some research on what the US/Canada have to offer. As I've heard time and time again, the the no.1 rule is NEVER let distance be a deciding factor when it comes to choosing a HT surgeon. You only have a limited amount of donor supply, so make sure it's not wasted in the hands of an incompetent surgeon. I myself have decided to go to New York (I'm from Ireland) to have mine done with Dr. Feller. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do. And do your homework thoroughly on a surgeon before you decide on them.

Like GTDL said, do your research and don't let travel dictate where you go.

Take a look at the list of coalition docs throughout Europe if you don't want to come to the U.S. or Canada--and consult with them. Simply click on Find a Prescreened Surgeon at the top left of this page.

Don't risk your head with some clinic where there aren't transparent and consistent results.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...