Best haircuts to hide plugs

rockhead

I had about 200 transplants done 25 years ago on the front crown area. Over the years, the hair around the plugs has dissipated to where I have very typical MPB from the front of the forehead to the rear of the crown (except for where the 200 plugs were placed)

I've decided at my age and status, hair is not that important, but "hiding" the plugs is.

I thought about shaving my head, but thought the plugs would still show (plus my wife says I have an ugly dome). I've considered a "crew-cut or buzz, but figure that the plugs will still be very evident.

Has anyone else had any success with a very short cut and are the plugs more or less visible.

Thanks in advance

Have you considered FUE repair? You could have some plugs spread out on the dome for a thin but natural result, allowing you to buzz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

I have read of some HT patients having old "plugs" removed. Would that help you or hurt you?

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

From what I've read, pulling the old plugs presents another issue- scarring- that "cobblestone" appearance. I guess that can be helped via dermabrasion.

Given the economy, spending another $1000 on FUE is not an option at this point. So what I'm looking for is if a buzz cut will just make the plugs look all the more noticable? Or, if anyone has gotton a buzz and then shaved the area where the plugs are.

Anyone tried it?