Kinkiness in hair - opinions needed

Gmoney

I am nearly 7 months post op. However, the hair is still kinky; specifically, it curls up on the ends instead of being straight like all the other hair on my head. It makes it a pain in the ass because it is not as manageable as the rest of my hair (I was a Norwood 3-4).

Is this normal? When can I expect it to straighten out?

Anyone with similar experiences?

I am nearly 7 months post op. However, the hair is still kinky; specifically, it curls up on the ends instead of being straight like all the other hair on my head. It makes it a pain in the ass because it is not as manageable as the rest of my hair (I was a Norwood 3-4).

Is this normal? When can I expect it to straighten out?

Anyone with similar experiences?

pretty much normal Gmoney....probably as you cut it over the next few months, the remaining hair shafts will take on the normal characteristics of your hair...

its similar to when someone loses their hair during chemotherapy...their hair does grow back, but its thin and curly usually for about a year, then tends to go back to its normal condition....

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

You may want to try one of new the anti-friz hair serums out there. There's one advertised a lot called something like Friz-Eze. I found a sligtly cheaper version in Wal-Mart called "Zero-Frizz"- about $4 and change for a bigger bottle. It looks like hair gel. Not sure if it will cure the kinkiness in the new graphs (mine are just beginning to come in). However, I use a drop on my current thinning hair, which naturally wavy tendency became very frizzy where it had thinned; it does a pretty good job of "unkinking" by holding in more moisture while it is still wet from washing. This may be a good option because actual relaxers and other caustic stuff may be too harsh on new hair. Good luck.