Body hair transplants and Propecia

Magoo

From what I understand, one of the effects of Propecia, where it works, is to reduce the amount of body hair. Some posters have spoken about clumps of chest hair for example coming away after a period on the drug.

If this is the case, is it a possibility that a patient who has had BHT would lose the transplanted hair if he decided to use propecia at some point in the future?

In other words, is there a chance that a BHT recipient is effectively denying himself the possibility of using Propecia for ever more?

From what I understand, one of the effects of Propecia, where it works, is to reduce the amount of body hair. Some posters have spoken about clumps of chest hair for example coming away after a period on the drug.

If this is the case, is it a possibility that a patient who has had BHT would lose the transplanted hair if he decided to use propecia at some point in the future?

In other words, is there a chance that a BHT recipient is effectively denying himself the possibility of using Propecia for ever more?

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm, first I have heard of this? If anyone has any info on Propecia causing body hair loss .. please post.

THANKS!!!!!

I've been on propecia for over 4 years...no body hair loss whatsoever...BUT, my body hair DID increase in quantity all over once i started MSM...i had very little hair on my upper legs for instance..now, its covered with some fine short blondish hair mostly..and the lower legs are more dense with normal leg hair as well...go figger..

------------------------------

4600 grafts/ 12/10/2003/ Dr. Jerry Wong

Aren't you glad you know me, and have such easy access to my dementia???

Thanks for the post Rugger ... Was a bit bummed to think that I'd lose other hair to keep it up top. HA It's time for me to listen to you guys and get some MSM. THANKS again!!!!