FUE GROWTH! Balloonman's 4 Month Post Op Photos!

Guest balloonman

Guest balloonman

Now after 4 months of posting, talking and waiting, I am starting to see some significant growth from my 3500 FUE session from Dr Zontos and DHI in Athens.

I am confident and hoping that in a few months time, I will have even better results, thickening of the existing hairs and some growth in my scars.

As of right now, there is no growth or stubble in the scar tissue but, as I have done this before, I did not notice any growth in my scar for at least 6 months on my last FUE session so, nothing to worry about just yet.

As usual, let me know what you think and if you have any questions I will answer them.

Enjoy and double click on the photos for the hi res blowups.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v259/Balloonman/Scarring/Extraction%20Sites/1mm%20Punch%20Damage/Recipient%20Sites/July%208th-1%20month%20Post%20Op/3%20Months%201%20Week%20Post%20Op/4%20Months%20Post%20Op/?multi=4&addtype=

Guest balloonman

Now after 4 months of posting, talking and waiting, I am starting to see some significant growth from my 3500 FUE session from Dr Zontos and DHI in Athens.

I am confident and hoping that in a few months time, I will have even better results, thickening of the existing hairs and some growth in my scars.

As of right now, there is no growth or stubble in the scar tissue but, as I have done this before, I did not notice any growth in my scar for at least 6 months on my last FUE session so, nothing to worry about just yet.

As usual, let me know what you think and if you have any questions I will answer them.

Enjoy and double click on the photos for the hi res blowups.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v259/Balloonman/Scarring/Extraction%20Sites/1mm%20Punch%20Damage/Recipient%20Sites/July%208th-1%20month%20Post%20Op/3%20Months%201%20Week%20Post%20Op/4%20Months%20Post%20Op/?multi=4&addtype=

Looking good Balloonman. No further questions at this stage but I continue to watch your case with interest as I really don't want to go the strip route! I just need to see a few more FUE results to convince me.

• 4 weeks later...

Balloonman,

Have I missed your five month update?

I notice that you have been very vocal on the other forum that FUE grafts won't yield as good as strip grafts. Am I to take it that you are dissapointed with your own FUE grafts?

Thanks!

Guest balloonman

I try to post around the 8th of every month because that is when the surgery ended, on June 8th. I plan on posting 5 month photos in less than a week so keep a look out if you are interested.

My comments regarding FUE grafts not growing in as high a percentage as strip grafts pertains more towards other peoples results than mine directly. We have not yet seen a "wow" job by FUE even though the same Dr's doing FUE have produced "wow" jobs with strip. For some yet unknown reason it appears that something is happening to the grafts that renders them less likely to survive by FUE.

Perhaps it is the extraction method, excessive handling of the grafts, time out of the body..I have no idea but, until I see a 3000 FUE job that compares to a 3000 strip job, that will be my position on the subject.

My hair has grown in and I will let you determine what you think at the 5 month mark in about a week.

Guest balloonman

Good observation East Coast, I think you are correct. The hairline has finally grown in and will require a second pass as it has slightly too little density to look great. The grafts were probably placed too far apart or perhaps some didnt grow at all, but I am uncertain which. I am in the process of posting photos and will do so within the next day, maybe even this evening if I can.

I had approximately 1500-2000 put into my hairline to lower it about half an inch in certain areas and to rebuild the temple points. The density was good but, will require a few hundred more directly behind the hairline to gradiate it in a more natural way.

Check out the photos and post in the "new" thread I will post tonight or tomorrow neamed "5 month" or something like that.