Using shaving foam on the recipient area FUE after two days?

Hi guys,

So I've undergone HT surgery 1 day back and it is recommended by the doc to use shaving foam gently at the recipent area and wash it off.

I'm little bit scared to do this. Have you guys followed such type of routine??

I asked the doc and he told me that he is using that to kill of the bacteria.

Please do let me know. Thanks

I'd never heard of using shaving foam before. But from what I know shaving foam is basically just soap. Using foamy shampoo (even from cans like shaving foam) is totally normal at your stage, so I don't think it'll be an issue. 

Definitely be careful, only lightly tap it on, don't scrub and make sure you have a low pressure water source to wash it off. 

I've never heard anyone recommend using shaving cream.

My clinic put me on an antibiotic and advised rinsing with warm water and baby shampoo daily, as well as keeping the scalp moist with saline, which can also help keep bacterial growth under control.

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000FU, Summer 2023

Thanks @SuperC. So you started rinsing your recipient area with baby shampoo after 2days?

Actually I was advised to do the same after my 1st HT with a doc recommended by this forum Dr Radha.

This time I went with a diff doc for the FUE procedure. He suggested doing with the shaving foam. 

5 minutes ago, roch88 said:

So you started rinsing your recipient area with baby shampoo after 2days?

Yes, just spraying it gentle with baby shampoo, then spraying gently with a bottle of warm water. Don't touch it at all, and let it air dry. :) 

6 minutes ago, roch88 said:

This time I went with a diff doc for the FUE procedure. He suggested doing with the shaving foam. 

Which doctor was this?

Please direct medical questions to medical professionals.

NW3, Dr. Rahal, FUE, 3,000FU, Summer 2023