Donor shock loss.

Hi guys is it too soon to be worrying about my donor after 6 weeks as it’s looking patchy since had second fue , it was with dr Pekiner so I know he’s safe but he said donor looked good on the day but now looks patchy 

IMG_8804.png

IMG_8802.png

IMG_8803.png

IMG_8801.png

Edited by Teddy1927
Forgot photos

• Valued Contributor

You needn't worry about the donor area just yet, as it's still too early in the healing process. Temporary shock loss can cause a patchy appearance, but with time, typically 3 to 6 months, or sometimes longer, it will start to look more natural.

Even now, despite photos possibly being misleading, your donor area seems to be in good condition, especially considering you've had a previous FUE surgery. However, it's important to manage your expectations realistically since you're extracting more grafts from the donor for the second time. While it should still look natural, don't anticipate it to be as dense.

During a hair transplant, it's important to understand the various stages involved. Initially, there's a shedding phase where transplanted hairs fall out within the first 3 months, followed by a gradual growth phase with uneven growth rates and possible patchiness.There can be a shock loss on donor which result in patchy appearance of the donor. There can be Numbness, discomfort, redness, and pimples which may persist for around 6 months or more.

All this are a part and parcel of the surgery. Patience and trust are crucial throughout this process, as it takes about 12 months to achieve a well-blended and natural-looking result. Stay calm and patient, and keep updating on your progress. Happy growing!

I hope this helps you to calm your nerves now and then. Good luck brother.

• Thanks 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

You needn't worry about the donor area just yet, as it's still too early in the healing process. Temporary shock loss can cause a patchy appearance, but with time, typically 3 to 6 months, or sometimes longer, it will start to look more natural.

Even now, despite photos possibly being misleading, your donor area seems to be in good condition, especially considering you've had a previous FUE surgery. However, it's important to manage your expectations realistically since you're extracting more grafts from the donor for the second time. While it should still look natural, don't anticipate it to be as dense.

During a hair transplant, it's important to understand the various stages involved. Initially, there's a shedding phase where transplanted hairs fall out within the first 3 months, followed by a gradual growth phase with uneven growth rates and possible patchiness.There can be a shock loss on donor which result in patchy appearance of the donor. There can be Numbness, discomfort, redness, and pimples which may persist for around 6 months or more.

All this are a part and parcel of the surgery. Patience and trust are crucial throughout this process, as it takes about 12 months to achieve a well-blended and natural-looking result. Stay calm and patient, and keep updating on your progress. Happy growing!

I hope this helps you to calm your nerves now and then. Good luck brother.

Thanks mate 

• Like 1

You have to wait 6 months to see how this turns out. If its schockloss it will recover, if its overharvesting you should consider smp to cover this up. All you can do now is wait. Applying minoxidil in the donor area and msm tables will also help.