what is the difference in a norwood 5, norwood 6 and norwood 7 crown?

i sometimes see after/before results where the doctor labels the patient as norwood 6 when i think its norwood 7 and vice versa

the norwood scales always only show the patient from the top and thr front but never from the back so i wonder what the difference is

3 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i sometimes see after/before results where the doctor labels the patient as norwood 6 when i think its norwood 7 and vice versa

the norwood scales always only show the patient from the top and thr front but never from the back so i wonder what the difference is

Lateral hump loss and a lower crown dip I think are the main difference between 6/7.

Without being well versed in hair loss that difference to the eye is minimal. But in hair restoration terms it can be significant as you’re already working with a high NW so every graft is important.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Lateral hump loss and a lower crown dip I think are the main difference between 6/7.

Without being well versed in hair loss that difference to the eye is minimal. But in hair restoration terms it can be significant as you’re already working with a high NW so every graft is important.

its tough to imagine without pics

would you say this a norwood 7?

IMG_9124.thumb.jpeg.273111edfdd74b18f40c28d7fc61f34b.jpeg

Yes definitely a NW7 crown but high humps

The Nw scale as discussed in another thread is outdated these days. Pittella has has come up with his own more complex scale which obviously works well for his planning and ultimately his patients.

Pic below is what is the standard NW 6/7 difference but as your pic proves things can vary greatly.

IMG_4161.jpeg

44 minutes ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

Yes definitely a NW7 crown but high humps

The Nw scale as discussed in another thread is outdated these days. Pittella has has come up with his own more complex scale which obviously works well for his planning and ultimately his patients.

Pic below is what is the standard NW 6/7 difference but as your pic proves things can vary greatly.

IMG_4161.jpeg

ye true

i think the norwood 6 graphic guy would be qualified as norwood 7 in real life by doctors