I am a Norwood 3 without noticeable diffused thinning. Who is the best hairline surgeon (ideally FUE) in the world?

I am 28 years old. Currently on 1mg of finasteride a day and 2% keto shampoo a few days a week. I haven't noticed much loss since starting around 6 months ago, I wanna hit 1 year on fin before a transplant. I've sent my photos to Pekiner and Laorwong, they estimated 1500 and 2000-2500 grafts for my case, respectively. Pekiner can do higher density than Laorwong (55 vs 50 hairs per square cm) so I lean towards going to him, but I'm open to others. I've read Shapiro is good, but mostly does FUT. Konior is good but seems overpriced and does lower density, but he can do temple points which Pekiner doesn't seem to do as much of. 

I'm particularly a fan of Pekiner considering how good he is as irregularity in the hairline, very natural results for patients with similar hair to mine. I would probably try and get around 2200-2500 grafts if he's willing to. 

IMG_7741.jpeg

IMG_7744.jpeg

IMG_7745.jpeg

IMG_7746.jpeg

Edited by Norwood311

• Valued Contributor

Pekiner is highly skilled in hairline procedures, and there are several other reputable options such as Dr. De Freitas, Dr. Couto, Dr. Ferreira, Dr. Pinto, and HDC worth considering for similar procedures. If budget isn't a concern, Dr. Munib Ahmad is currently considered one of the top choices in this field.

While many surgeons are capable of performing high-density hair transplants, the number of grafts per square centimeter is determined by various factors specific to each individual's case. Factors such as hair thickness, donor area availability, age of the patient ,hairloss progression and the patient's scalp condition are considered in deciding the appropriate density during the surgery.

In my personal experience, Dr. Laorwong performed a high-density hair transplant on me, resulting in a remarkably increased density that surpasses even the density I had during my school days.

I hope this helps you. Best of luck.

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thanks. I do think Laorwong and Pekiner produce very similar, high quality hairlines. However, I personally think Pekiner has the edge just a bit, due to the slightly higher density he aims for, as well as the incredible macro and micro irregularity of the hairlines he produces. Thanks for your input, I think either would be a very good choice for me