TRT after HT

51 Male. Now 5 . I was on TRT for 3-4 yrs. Very low dosages and it made a great change in my life....more mental and psychological. I believe I was only taking 100mg per week with estrogen blocker. All of my labs where in health ranges.... including 610 total Testosterone. I didn't notice an increase in hair loss while taking TRT but I was at a norwoo5. LOL.

I stopped taking TRT after my HT 2 months ago and definitely feeling the effects....energy, optimism, focus, slight depression (ugly duckling phase doesn't help), low libido.

I want to try it again at 3 month mark and see how if effects my hair but concerned that may be too soon. Anyone have any experience with TRT after a HT? If so, how soon after your HT and how did it effect you?

My Dr (Nader) said its a risk but supported being on TRT as long as lab results in healthy/normal ranges. 

Edited by Cospine

One thing has nothing to do with the other, If you are deficient in your main hormone as a male and you are simply replacing that deficiency you should not discontinue your therapy because of a perceived cosmetic benefit ( Which I do not think is true, putting you body in a stressed low T status could definitely be more detrimental to your health and hair). 

Getting dialed in on TRT is hard enough for a lot of people and if you happen to do so and got symptom resolution I think you should count yourself lucky and not mess with your hormonal system any further. 

What is you Free T, SHBG and E2? 

• Like 1