Permanent Nerve damage

Permanent nerve damage is a real concern in hair transplants. I underwent a transplant six months ago, and initially, everything went well in a hairmill. Some days, I experienced nerve pain, which went away after a few weeks. However, the same nerve pain returned around the fifth month. It's a real pain in the ass, and according to sources, this could be permanent. Has anyone else had a similar experience? This issue is not widely discussed, and it's impacting my life every day.

3 hours ago, Nawaba said:

Permanent nerve damage is a real concern in hair transplants. I underwent a transplant six months ago, and initially, everything went well in a hairmill. Some days, I experienced nerve pain, which went away after a few weeks. However, the same nerve pain returned around the fifth month. It's a real pain in the ass, and according to sources, this could be permanent. Has anyone else had a similar experience? This issue is not widely discussed, and it's impacting my life every day.

Hi man, what kind of pain is it and where exactly?

I would say permanent or long lasting nerve pain is a very rare symptom of HTs. Even for patients who go to hairmills, even if you get botched, nerve damage is rare.

Follow up with a local doc who specializes in nerve pain. There is no way in heck the hairmill you went to is going to give you any productive answers for your path forward. 

7 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

I would say permanent or long lasting nerve pain is a very rare symptom of HTs. Even for patients who go to hairmills, even if you get botched, nerve damage is rare.

Follow up with a local doc who specializes in nerve pain. There is no way in heck the hairmill you went to is going to give you any productive answers for your path forward. 

Its a really Botch job, i Will do that! Im so sad,  😭 my life is ruined 

20 hours ago, BaldV said:

Hi man, what kind of pain is it and where exactly?

I experience a burning sensation in the recipient area, along with unusual sensations like water dripping and numbness. Despite the passage of time since the operation, these symptoms persist. Waiting for Nervegeneration but it aint happend yet

Nerve damage is very much a legitimate risk in hair transplants and should be discussed more. It can exist as numbness and/or pain. I admit I haven't heard of a case of symptoms coming and going for a few weeks at a time.

Try addressing it with your general physician if no luck best bet is a neurologist or a dermatologist with experience removing skincancers.

Have some hope the sensory nerves can heal well beyond 6 months even years after the damage so it's unlikely to stay as it is now.