Dr. Suneet Soni or Eugenix

rochish

Hello everyone, 

Thanks for this excellent forum. I am considering getting a hair transplant and, based on the reviews on this forum, I have shortlisted Dr. Suneet Soni of Medispa and Eugenix, and would greatly appreciate your thoughts on the comparative strengths/weaknesses of these two places. 

I know that there are a lot of reviews on this forum of both shops independently, but I am looking for some comparative information that may help me decide between the two places (aside from the fact that Dr. Soni will do FUT+FUE+BHT, whereas Eugenix will primarily focus on direct hair transplant [an offshoot of FUE] and possibly BHT).

My baldness level is NW 5 or 6 (depending on which HT surgeon examines my pictures) and I am 52 years old. 

Dr. Soni indicated that I need 5,000 grafts of which 4,000 grafts (using FUT+FUE) will be extracted from the scalp and 1,000 grafts will be extracted from the beard. 

Eugenix indicated that I need 3,500 grafts of which 3,000 grafts will be extracted from the scalp and 500 grafts will be extracted from the beard.

However, I realize that the density of hair will be higher with 5,000 grafts, compared to 3,500 grafts. 

A priori, I am leaning towards Dr. Soni, primarily because of the cost (Dr. Soni's per graft cost is Rs. 60 from scalp and Rs. 80 beard + Rs. 40,000 for other expenses, whereas the Eugenix Exclusive Package costs Rs. 120 per graft), especially because I may need to go for a second round of HT in about a year or so to achieve denser hair. 

I would appreciate any insights. If such a comparison has already been made on this forum, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me to it because a quick search did not reveal it. 

Eugenix also has a lower package (called comprehensive Package costing Rs. 75/graft in which the procedure is lead by Eugenix HT doctors, but I am not sure if I should consider it (especially in comparison to Dr. Soni) because I don't know who the surgeon will be. In the exclusive package, the procedure is lead by senior Eugenix HT Doctors). I would appreciate any thoughts on this issue as well. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Thank you very much, Archan. I just learned from Eugenix that the doctor who will lead the HT in the exclusive package (which I am considering) is Dr. Somesh Janoria. I have never heard of this doctor, though I see some reviews of his work on this forum only. It looks like the more well known doctors at Eugenix (e.g., Dr. Priyadarshini Das) will have no role to play in my HT). On the other hand, Dr. Soni is much much more established.

So now the question becomes should I go with Dr. Somesh Janoria or Dr. Suneet Soni?

Who would you choose?

Thank you, jjalay. I've shortlsted these two options based on the reviews on this board (and others). Cost is certainly a factor, but not the only factor. I feel that on balance, these options provide high quality at a decent price (though the exclusive package of Eugenix will cost almost double that of Medispa).

If you think I should consider other options, please let me know. Thanks again!

If you are a NW 5-6 in my opinion it would be better to start with an fut procedure to maximize the donor of your scalp and leave bht for the future if you even need another procedure. Other good option for fut are dr, Laorwong in thailand and Hattingen hair in Switzerland. For fue at a similar price with the packages your are looking at eugenix but with a more reknown doctor you should also look at dr. Maras in Cyprus.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@Knightrider I am planning to go for my 2nd hair transplantation on Feb by Dr. Vinita in Eugenix. I also had my first HT by Dr. Suneet Soni  but result is not as expected. 

please share me your experience and  current result. 

Which doc did your HT? I can't find review for Dr. Vineeta yet.

Edited by ujjawal