10 weeks after 4300 Grafts - are these transplanted hairs or native hairs?

Hi,

I had a hair transplant at absolute clinic with Dr. Laorwong exactly 71 days ago. 4350 grafts have been transplanted on the front half of my head. Unfortunately I still didn’t receive the pre surgery photos from the clinic. So I still did not make my own progress thread about my HT. I hope I will make a thread some day.

I have been documenting my progress almost daily with macro and close up shots. As most of us, I start to get inpatient and want to see some progress.

Today I made a macro shot where I can see a lot of tiny thin hairs growing. Now I wonder if these are native hairs (I have diffuse thinning) that maybe regrow from the stem cell and prp treatment I got during surgery. Or if they are already the transplanted hairs?

Unfortunately I couldn’t find macro pictures in the web that show the start of the growth phase of transplanted hairs. Do they start to grow as thin hairs? Or do they come out as thick beard like hairs?

In the picture you can see some short thick hairs and lots of thin hairs. I suspect those thick short hairs are transplanted grafts that didn’t grow and kept staying at the same length. Some transplanted hairs didn’t shed and kept growing. Those are the thick long hairs you see. I had extreme shock loss of my native hair in the front area. Not sure 100% what’s native and what’s never shedded transplanted hairs. The picture if from the center of the hairline  

Any help and motivation is appreciated. 

IMG_7009.png

Edited by Sele
Added a sentence.

14 hours ago, Sele said:

Here is a before picture I made few days before surgery. And a picture one day after surgery. To give you an idea of before and after.

IMG_4804.jpeg

IMG_5191.jpeg

Wow…that looks dense. Expect a life altering result 🙏.

I would email the clinic again for your photos, I found them and Dr very responsive.

Also not sure why you are plucking hairs…71 days is still very early in your journey - judging by your post procedure pic and if you adhere to the post care instructions you will be very happy.

4 minutes ago, Ramons said:

Wow…that looks dense. Expect a life altering result 🙏.

I would email the clinic again for your photos, I found them and Dr very responsive.

Also not sure why you are plucking hairs…71 days is still very early in your journey - judging by your post procedure pic and if you adhere to the post care instructions you will be very happy.

I texted the clinic around 3-4 weeks ago. They just read the question but never replied. I asked for the photos and if I can start using the sauna again.

About plucking, those hairs didn’t change since day one. I read that if a hair doesn’t shed or grow after the transplant it means the root is death. It just feels like as if you pull out a straw out of a glass. The skin didn’t even move while pulling out.

5 weeks ago I was at the clinic and the doctor plucked out a tons of hairs by himself and I didn’t feel any resistance. So I assume I lost a good chunk of grafts.

That's why I am not so sure about my future result. Freaks me out a bit. 

9 minutes ago, Sele said:

I texted the clinic around 3-4 weeks ago. They just read the question but never replied. I asked for the photos and if I can start using the sauna again.

About plucking, those hairs didn’t change since day one. I read that if a hair doesn’t shed or grow after the transplant it means the root is death. It just feels like as if you pull out a straw out of a glass. The skin didn’t even move while pulling out.

5 weeks ago I was at the clinic and the doctor plucked out a tons of hairs by himself and I didn’t feel any resistance. So I assume I lost a good chunk of grafts.

That's why I am not so sure about my future result. Freaks me out a bit. 

Try email…also what was the verbal response at the clinic? Do you mean you were back with the Dr in Thailand and he plucked them?

51 minutes ago, Ramons said:

Try email…also what was the verbal response at the clinic? Do you mean you were back with the Dr in Thailand and he plucked them?

I live in Bangkok just 15 minutes from the clinic. I don’t wanna talk bad things because the surgery itself was good and 5 days after care was great.

But I have a friend he got his HT there as well and he gets a “service” or after care. He told me the clinic gave him a “follow up” appointment 2 1/2 months after surgery. The doctor checked his progress with a microscope etc.

I didn’t get any appointments nor did anybody contact or ask how is it going. That’s a bit of a let down. My scalp was red as a crab 5-6 weeks after surgery so I was at the clinic, doctor was a bit worried and gave me topical antibiotics. Also to be fair I received one free laser treatment that day. But never got contacted after that if everything is ok etc. 

I read on Reddit people get a $2k transplant in Turkey and the clinic keeps staying with them in touch and asking for photos and what not. I paid $8.5k and it was pretty much “done and good bye” treatment. Now I don’t know maybe the clinic expects me to contact them. What I did. They read my message but never replied.

Edited by Sele
Added context

5 minutes ago, Sele said:

I live in Bangkok just 15 minutes from the clinic. I don’t wanna talk bad things because the surgery itself was good and 5 days after care was great.

But I have a friend he got his HT there as well and he gets a “service” or after care. He told me the clinic gave him a “follow up” appointment 2 1/2 months after surgery. The doctor checked his progress with a microscope etc.

I didn’t get any appointments nor did anybody contact or ask how is it going. That’s a bit of a let down. My scalp was red as a crab 5-6 weeks after surgery so I was at the clinic, doctor was a bit worried and gave me topical antibiotics. Also to be fair I received one free laser treatment that day. But never got contacted after that if everything is ok etc. 

I read on Reddit people get a $2k transplant in Turkey and the clinic keeps staying with them in touch and asking for photos and what not. I paid $8.5k and it was pretty much “done and good bye” treatment. Now I don’t know maybe the clinic expects me to contact them. What I did. They read my message but never replied.

Maybe because the clinic doesn’t know the answer. You’re asking a question I doubt any clinic has observed the day to day pattern of individual hairs over the period of the transplant. So it could simply be they don’t know and don’t know how to answer.