Had HT in Turkey. I think my beard donor was overharvested. Options?

Hi there, i had a HT 4000 grafts on the Head 5th july 2023 from a turkish clinic.

its my third HT, previously i have had around 2300 grafts and 1800 grafts fut last 7 years.

Before the procedure they told me that i need 1000 grafts from the beard too. Now i am suffering from bald patches on my beard. And yeah I want my beard more uniform, can I retransplant beard heard to beard, or maybe retransplant few grafts from the scalp or mix it all in together.

i share some pics about the situation.IMG_5227.thumb.jpeg.d31d61a5d4be07dd202f55a39926825b.jpegIMG_5223.thumb.png.a6e5500f0e5d1a688ae702560bc0c65e.pngIMG_5230.thumb.jpeg.aefbf99cc2974eadb405ed6b420cb927.jpeg

It was done with FUE this time. And i was not informed at all that this would happen. The clinics only answer on whatsapp was that it was mentioned in the contract when I asked about why I was overharvested. And i confronted the ”medical consultant” by saying that it was nowhere mentioned that I would be overharvested. I have yet to get a response from them.

so guys, i want my beard back, i know i can grow it long etc and cover it up, but I don’t want this.

what options do I have? I don’t want to do scalp micro pigmentation.

is it possible there could be a mixture of overharvesting and shock loss? I have not really see much of regrowth in the areas since extraction date

here is a picture of the beard donor a few days after extraction and HT (to crown). This is really making me depressed. I have started to use minoxidil too.IMG_5231.thumb.jpeg.287ecf3f10efaa2c057113455be3a572.jpeg

Does anyone have any idea? Of what could be done? What options do I have. Can I retransplant hairs from elsewhere. Could this be shock loss and overharvesting combined.
Would be thankful if someone could respond. Thanks

You can transplant to beard but scalp hairs are different and grow longer than beard. Beard to beard is also possible.

Honestly I would just ignore it. You are taking such close ups, of course it’s going to look bald after 1000 grafts were taken. Anyone else will not be able notice it, very few people have dense perfect beards. 

If this was such a big concern then you should have told them no touching the beard. Clinics don’t worry about beard extractions as much and just take the best grafts.

Thanks for the answer. How many grafts do you think would be needed to make it look covered. Obviously i am not gonna take out another 1000 grafts

1 hour ago, Turkhair said:

You can transplant to beard but scalp hairs are different and grow longer than beard. Beard to beard is also possible.

Honestly I would just ignore it. You are taking such close ups, of course it’s going to look bald after 1000 grafts were taken. Anyone else will not be able notice it, very few people have dense perfect beards. 

If this was such a big concern then you should have told them no touching the beard. Clinics don’t worry about beard extractions as much and just take the best grafts.

2 minutes ago, AndrewF. said:

They should have informed you about this. I don't think there is a chance to fix it.

Yes they should have. But they all spoke turkish, and they had ”sent” the wrong translator, an arab translator. I don’t know arabic or turkish. Only English. So it was a very bad experience.

why do you think its not gonna be possible to fix it?

36 minutes ago, Riazy said:

Yes they should have. But they all spoke turkish, and they had ”sent” the wrong translator, an arab translator. I don’t know arabic or turkish. Only English. So it was a very bad experience.

why do you think its not gonna be possible to fix it?

They can extract from your donor area to fix it but It can't be same like before because hair type is different. And It will be hard to protect that area after the operation I think.

5 minutes ago, AndrewF. said:

They can extract from your donor area to fix it but It can't be same like before because hair type is different. And It will be hard to protect that area after the operation I think.

Thanks for your answer

• Valued Contributor

@Riazy

Just wait for few months before judging something ..if there is a shockloss thn it takes few months for the hairs to grow back....so nothing should be judged at this stage 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 8/29/2023 at 3:03 PM, A_4_Archan said:

@Riazy

Just wait for few months before judging something ..if there is a shockloss thn it takes few months for the hairs to grow back....so nothing should be judged at this stage 

Thanks for the reply

• Like 1