Hair Transplant ‘Top up’ for density

20 minutes ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Leadley

1 to 2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong ,dr gur, dr turan ,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr yaman, dr christina (hdc clinic),dr Espinosa (medecap clinic),dr fares seffen, Choiexpert,dr ibrahim jebai 

Don't take the above list as face value and look at it just as a source of information regarding the names of some good surgeons to do consultations with..This list is based on my knowledge and preferences and there are many other good surgeons/clinics which i may be not knowing or didn't see enough results from them and hence are not in that list..and for that you can do your research and take opinions of other members as well...i hope this helps you ..best of luck....

Thank you for the list ill look into this today!

9 minutes ago, Leadley said:

Did you go to Dr Arshad for your first op ? How did you find that?

What was the reason for your second op and how are the results after a second transplant?

i spoke to the hair dr in leeds and was quoted 6k and told the doctor only does the cuts , techs do the grafts from the donor and place them into the head and apparently this is what happens everywhere? So what im lead to believe is the doctor only does the cuts so im rolling the dice on techs most places ill go to?

thanks for the info

I did. It was a good experience - I got good growth and efficient use of grafts. They were good to deal with and always available for queries/aftercare.

For my surgery the punches were made by a combination of the two doctors (I believe they now work at different sites). The grafts were extracted and sorted by technicians. The slits were made by Dr Arshad and implantation by a team of 4 technicians (with some implantation by the Dr).

Every surgeon relies on technicians. Asking how long they're worked with the Dr is worthwhile wherever you go - you want an experienced team.

I was Norwood 5 so always realistically needed 2 procedures. I would have exceeded the maximum amount of anesthesia allowed if it'd have been one day for my entire head, and preferred to see the result so I could 'perfect it' in the second.

I'm only 4 weeks post surgery. I had some strengthening of the hairline (though it was fairly good already) but the reason was really to address my crown. In the first surgery we used less grafts there and waited to see how effective finesteride was in thickening it up.

The second surgeon said I'd had good growth from my first procedure. If I were to compare, i would say the second was more refined - less scalp trauma and really fast recovery but then it was a smaller surgery.

Here's me 4 days after surgery:

IMG_20230717_082100.thumb.jpg.bffee06442f2e016927305b061bed2d7.jpg

Edited by BackFromTheBrink

28 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

I did. It was a good experience - I got good growth and efficient use of grafts. They were good to deal with and always available for queries/aftercare.

For my surgery the punches were made by a combination of the two doctors (I believe they now work at different sites). The grafts were extracted and sorted by technicians. The slits were made by Dr Arshad and implantation by a team of 4 technicians (with some implantation by the Dr).

Every surgeon relies on technicians. Asking how long they're worked with the Dr is worthwhile wherever you go - you want an experienced team.

I was Norwood 5 so always realistically needed 2 procedures. I would have exceeded the maximum amount of anesthesia allowed if it'd have been one day for my entire head, and preferred to see the result so I could 'perfect it' in the second.

I'm only 4 weeks post surgery. I had some strengthening of the hairline (though it was fairly good already) but the reason was really to address my crown. In the first surgery we used less grafts there and waited to see how effective finesteride was in thickening it up.

The second surgeon said I'd had good growth from my first procedure. If I were to compare, i would say the second was more refined - less scalp trauma and really fast recovery but then it was a smaller surgery.

Here's me 4 days after surgery:

IMG_20230717_082100.thumb.jpg.bffee06442f2e016927305b061bed2d7.jpg

Good to hear!

i shall ask how long the techs have been working with the doctor im thinking about going seeing in romford dr vishal nayak.

Why did you choose to go abroad for your second op? What was the price difference you found going abroad and who did you end up going with?

Hairs looking good!

57 minutes ago, Leadley said:

im thinking about going seeing in romford dr vishal nayak.

Why did you choose to go abroad for your second op? What was the price difference you found going abroad and who did you end up going with?

Hairs looking good!

Hair looks better now - at 4 days it was remarkably well recovered though.

I decided to go abroad because of the particular surgeon. He only performs shaveless FUE, generally goes for high density in the hairline and uses manual punches. I believe that helps with recovery and it's certainly proved the case with me. I wanted to be back on video calls the next week without looking odd (apart from the haircut).

I was operated on by Dr Michalis Georgiou. I think it was €1.90 per graft (including flights, hotel and transport) but I may be misremembering.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink