Dr. Gur vs. Dr. Turan (FUE vs DHI)

Hey there,

I'm planning to undergo a hair transplant and would greatly appreciate your opinions and recommendations.

I've been categorized as a Norwood IV, with the majority of my hair loss concentrated around the front and temples, needing a complete hairline restoration. There's also a slight thinning at the crown, but it's not too noticeable.

I've reached out to Dr. Gur and Dr. Turan from FueCapilar, both of whom have provided me with their recommendations, and from the information that I've gathered, they both look like good choices.

Here's where things get a bit tricky. They've suggested two different techniques and proposed varying graft counts:

1. Dr. Gur - FUE Technique; Graft Count: 3300-3500 grafts (range); Cost: Slightly higher

2. Dr. Turan - DHI Technique; Graft Count: 3500-4000 grafts (range); Cost: Slightly lower

Gur would do everything in one day, while Turan's schedule looks like this:

Day 1: ➔ Blood analysis.

Day 2: ➔ DHI Hair transplant - Part 1:

• ◆ Consultation and design,

• ◆ Extraction and implantation of the first 1000 grafts,

• ◆ Lunch,

Day 3: ➔ DHI Hair transplant - Part 2:

• ◆ Lunch,

• ◆ Extraction and implantation of the remaining grafts.

• ◆ PRP

Day 4: ➔ Postoperative care and the first wash.

Attached are some pictures to give you an actual idea.

Have any of you gone through a similar decision-making process? How did you weigh the pros and cons of different techniques and graft counts? Your insights could make a significant difference in helping me make an informed decision.

Thank you!

for_post.png

• Like 1

If both can be relatively trusted to most likely give you the outcome you desire, then take that element out of the equation, and focus on schedule, timing, cost, etc as a determining factor. 

Do you want to get it all done in one day, or allow for 2 ?

How much time do you want to spend in Turkey?

How much budget do you feel you want to spend?

I actually looked at both hairlines, and think Dr Gur is a slighly better, they look less 'artificial'.
The only last 'doubt' I have is between the two offers the gave me:

• A 'VIP' package where he also performs the extraction: 3300-3500 grafts for 4950 - 5250 euros (1.50 per graft)
  • A normal one, where he performs the channel opening, consultation, etc... for 3000 euros.

I also got some feedback from people close to me, with some saying that if I don't book it now, but wait until October, the price would be less, and that the extraction is done by a machine, so the it's overpriced.

What do you think?