Lump on head behind ear

Hi,

I have had a hair transplant around 4 days ago - today noticed a lump behind my ear - doctor is saying its not related to the hair transplant and could be either lipoma or a sebaceous cyst however he  wants to have a look at it just to be sure as from the image its quite difficult to see.

I am worried it could be an inflamed lymph node because of an infection (I do not have a fever but am very very fatigued) -  (the auricular lymph nodes seem to be around that location but not sure) Anyone had this experience ? Thanks

image.png.c4389d1a9d85ff06d2c389b51eaa65bf.png

Edited by kajl

(not a Dr)

That seems higher than where your lymph node is, but I could be wrong. An in person checkup would most def be recommended.

I had a couple cysts randomly pop up on my head in HS, no fun at all, sorry dude.

I'm one week post FUE myself so I know how much stress there is already, dealing with this on top seems unfair, especially if it's just a totally random unrelated thing.

Isn't a sebacious cyst a common side effect of a hair transplant?

I've been getting these random deep "pimples" (or cysts) under the skin of my donor.  I looked it up, and they're trapped sebum from the sebacious glands from areas where you removed the follicle, but the pore is 'healed over' so there is no place for your sebum to escape anymore (and get trapped under the skin).  After several days, I just force pop them and it's just oil (no puss) that comes out, which confirmed that it's just a bunch of trapped sebum.

Maybe this is it, and you just need to get it drained via a sterlized needle from your doctor.  

1 hour ago, jfally said:

(not a Dr)

That seems higher than where your lymph node is, but I could be wrong. An in person checkup would most def be recommended.

I had a couple cysts randomly pop up on my head in HS, no fun at all, sorry dude.

I'm one week post FUE myself so I know how much stress there is already, dealing with this on top seems unfair, especially if it's just a totally random unrelated thing.

you totally get it - it sucks having these kind of issues especially since its unrelated.

I'm quite sure its nothing of concern - however just to be sure I will probably ask my doctor to leave it be if he wants to remove it - the timing of this cyst coming now (if its a cyst) is too much of a coincidence imo especially the location.

good luck on your ht journey and thanks for your reply

24 minutes ago, Bucky O Hair said:

Isn't a sebacious cyst a common side effect of a hair transplant?

I've been getting these random deep "pimples" (or cysts) under the skin of my donor.  I looked it up, and they're trapped sebum from the sebacious glands from areas where you removed the follicle, but the pore is 'healed over' so there is no place for your sebum to escape anymore (and get trapped under the skin).  After several days, I just force pop them and it's just oil (no puss) that comes out, which confirmed that it's just a bunch of trapped sebum.

Maybe this is it, and you just need to get it drained via a sterlized needle from your doctor.  

the area where the cyst is ( if its a cyst ) is not on the donor area so not sure if its the same thing you had. We'll see :)