Advise on surgeons / clinics in Dubai

Boodi

Greetings all,

Can anyone advise me of surgeons / clinic in Dubai, UAE ? From net searches and browsing this forum it seems the Alvi Armani group is most sought. Though I would prefer a more local. committed practice that has been operating with the same staff for a good period of time (Armani strike me as a weekend operation with revolving staff).

We have an appointment with Armani next week for a consultation, and would like to check out a few other doctors while in Dubai, hence any recommendations would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

P.S, my sister is the one requiring the procedure as she has suffered MPB for all her life (27 now) and it has gotten so thin she cant hide it anymore.

Thanks in advance

Greetings all,

Can anyone advise me of surgeons / clinic in Dubai, UAE ? From net searches and browsing this forum it seems the Alvi Armani group is most sought. Though I would prefer a more local. committed practice that has been operating with the same staff for a good period of time (Armani strike me as a weekend operation with revolving staff).

We have an appointment with Armani next week for a consultation, and would like to check out a few other doctors while in Dubai, hence any recommendations would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif

P.S, my sister is the one requiring the procedure as she has suffered MPB for all her life (27 now) and it has gotten so thin she cant hide it anymore.

Thanks in advance

Hey Boodi,

Welcome to the forum. I can guarantee you that I wont be the only one to say this in response to your post but whatever you do, AVOID Armani! And don't just take my word for it, type 'Armani' into the 'Find' feature on this forum and you will see the extent of how much he and his company are frowned upon. The bad posts far outweigh the good (if there even are any good). I take it you are new to researching on this subject. So I will give you the four golden rules that were given to me when I started my research:

1. Research Research Research (and research some more).

2. Don't rush into anything (as having a HT is a`decision that will stay with you for life, so make the right decision that's best for you).

3. Never let distance be a deciding factor on your choice of surgeon.

4. If you can't afford the surgeon that you want to go with, WAIT until you can.

I hope that is of some help. If you want my honest opinion, the best hair restoration surgeons can be found in the USA and Canada (preferably members of the coalition of independent hair restoration physicians). But don't get me wrong, a doctor doesn't necessarily have to be a coalition member to be a good one. But you can't really go wrong with those who are.

Thanks for posting GTDL icon_smile.gif

I've noticed Armani has a lot of mixed feedback, but we are only going for a consultation.

As a survivor of a HT that 10 years on didn't go so well, I do realize the importance of the decision.

Any other thoughts / recommendations on Doctors in Dubai ? anyone ?