Hair transplant in Thailand with Dr Path or elsewhere (Turkey, India, etc)?

Hi All,

Occasional lurker on this forum and now finally gathering the courage to post!

I'm a 38 year-old Australian male based in Hong Kong considering undertaking a transplant this year (likely November).

First started noticing hair loss about 10 years ago and have taken Minoxidil (mainly the foam but also tablets) as well as Propecia intermittently ever since with mixed results. I'm not too keen on being on Propecia long-term as the side effects scare me. The Minoxidil foam was a pain to use but the tablets were much easier. In June 2018, I saw Dr. Path in Bangkok who recommended 2,250 grafts via FUT and oral Minoxidil to fill in the crown.

Fast forward approx. 5 years and in March 2023 when I emailed him again, he recommended I needed about 4,000 grafts via a combination of FUE and FUT (he said it could be done in one go). Dr Path also said I could consider getting beard grafts too (not sure about this). The price for 4,000 grafts was approx. US$11,000 + HIV test + travel & accommodation costs.

I'm curious to get this group's feedback on Dr Path's recommendation for me. Does it seem reasonable/sensible?

I'm open to using alternative transplant clinics in Turkey or other locations (India?). I chose Thailand as it is only a 2 hour flight from Hong Kong and have read several positive reviews of Dr Path's work although he does seem to be getting on in age a bit!

I have attached some photos from March this year for reference. I think I am about VI on the Norwood Scale?

Whilst cost of a transplant is important, I don't want to go for the cheapest option so am happy to pay for quality. I am also able to take 9 days off for the operation so as not to rush.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Cheers,

Thomas

IMG_5250.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5247.jpg

IMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5242.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

Edited by tgaf
Typos

• tgaf changed the title to Hair transplant in Thailand with Dr Path or elsewhere (Turkey, India, etc)?
  • Valued Contributor

@tgaf First of all i would say if you are reluctant to use finasteride than i would say there is a high chance that you will keep on loosing hairs at rapid pace than usual and will need more surgeries in future so be very conservative with your first HT and use the grafts very efficiently and economically so you can preserve grafts for future loss...

Now in your particular scenario i would say dr path fits perfectly as his approach is somewhat conservative which can be seen from the results he is posting on this forum plus he is very good with FUT which will help in increasing lifetime graft availability which again is very important in your case...he is very well experienced and ethical surgeon plus producing decent natural outcomes so imo you can easily consider him..

Now about the other surgeons you can consider are dr kongkiat laorwong from thailand itself who is good if you wanna go for FUE...he is also experienced and ethical surgeon and producing good results and he also does FUT as well...in india there is eugenix clinic which is producing good results and there are various packages you can choose from according to your budget which are priced according to the involvement of different doctors...

There are many other doctors in the world which you can consider so i will share one list which i have made...though you should just use that list as a source of information regarding the names of different surgeons and clinics and don't take it as a face value 

--> 1.5-2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong ,dr gur, dr turan,dr jebai ,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr yaman, dr christina (hdc clinic),dr Espinosa (medecap clinic) 

--> 2-3.5 euros per graft -dr pekiner,dr custodio ,dr bicer,dr saifi, dr ximena villa, dr heinicke,dr nader, Dr Camacho,dr bonaros,HLC clinic, dr keser ,dr pathomvanich,dr maras(hdc clinic),dr das(eugenix clinic) 

—> 3.5-5 euros per graft - dr de freitas,dr pinto ,de ferreira,dr pittela,dr zarev,dr couto,dr bisanga,dr mwamba,dr lupanzula , hattingen clinic ,dr insalaco,dr nadimi dr arika bansal (eugenix clinic)

—> 6 and above euros per graft - Dr Munib Ahmad , H&W , dr shapiro, dr konior, dr feriduni ,dr Sethi (eugenix clinic),

—> There are other good doctors who are not in the list as i don't know the prices of them or i don't have enough knowledge about them and will add them as i get some more information about them so you can do your own research for that or take opinion of other members....

Anyone can Correct me if there is some mistake in pricing and i will make the changes accordingly..and this list is just based on my research and knowledge and my personal choice and everyone are requested to do their own research before choosing a surgeon and don't take this list on face value as everyone will have different opinions and choices.

I hope this helps you ..Best of luck...

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Thanks A_4_Archan for the prompt response! Sounds like Thailand is great option then (it's also a lot closer to travel to than Turkey or the other locations you listed). 

I will also email Dr Kongkiat Laorwong to ask for a quote (I understand he trained under Dr Path). 

Initially I was thinking of having the surgery done in August (and I have time available then) but can also do it in November. 

I've understand it's best to take Propecia and Minoxidil a year before your transplant but wondering if a few months is OK or assuming I get it done in August, not at all?

I didn't have any side effects from either medication, I just wasn't very regular with using it.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Cheers,

Thomas 

• Valued Contributor

@tgaf you are welcome brother ..yeh thailand is a good place to consider and dr laorwong is an experienced ethical surgeon who is producing good results since long..you can consult him via email or if you want than i can give his whatsapp number to you and you can chat via that....

You can start medication asap after consulting a doctor and do take it religiously this time to get full benefits of it and go for a surgery whenever it is convenient to you but Actually its better and advisable to give medication minimum of 8 months before going for transplant so if you can than give it few months and delay your surgery a bit...if your body tolerate meds well and if you are a food responder to it thn there is a chance that you may get good growth or may able to gain some of the lost ground..so doctor can plan your surgery accordingly...though you can consult dr laorwong and ask for his advice...

Edited by A_4_Archan

--> My Thread

Thanks for your prompt response and apologies for my tardy one!

I consulted with Dr. Laorwong and amongst other things he said it was not necessary to take Propecia and Minoxidil 1 year before surgery, 3 months should be fine in order to improve the donor hair. This time period contradicts a lot of what other patients have been saying on this forum.

By contrast, Dr. Path said it was up to me whether I wait a year and take meds or do the transplant this year.

Both responses leave me somewhat confused ...

• Valued Contributor

@tgaf generally it is advised to be on medication for 1 year to see the full results...you can choose your surgeon first and than go by his/her advice as he/she will be the sole responsible person for your outcome and other things and he/she should be your primary source of advice regarding evrythng related to the surgery and medication 

--> My Thread

On 7/9/2023 at 12:58 PM, A_4_Archan said:

@tgaf

--> 1.5-2 euros per graft - dr kongkiat laorwong ,dr gur, dr turan,dr jebai ,dr demirsoy ,dr michalis georgiou ,dr patty,dr yaman, dr christina (hdc clinic),dr Espinosa (medecap clinic) 

--> 2-3.5 euros per graft -dr pekiner,dr custodio ,dr bicer,dr saifi, dr ximena villa, dr heinicke,dr nader, Dr Camacho,dr bonaros,HLC clinic, dr keser ,dr pathomvanich,dr maras(hdc clinic),dr das(eugenix clinic) 

i always thought dr. patty and dr. pathomvanich are the same person lol, who is dr patty then?

in the 1.5 -2 eur range you can also add dr.seffen (tunisia) and dr. jean luc portelli (malta) if i remember correctly

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

i always thought dr. patty and dr. pathomvanich are the same person lol, who is dr patty then?

in the 1.5 -2 eur range you can also add dr.seffen (tunisia) and dr. jean luc portelli (malta) if i remember correctly

No dr patty is from thailand only and her real name is dr pukpinya..she is doing good work...

Yeh i was thinking to add dr seffen but haven't seen cases of dr portelli yet.. Not much patient reviews and even he didn't put that many results on his website or social media....he has put very few before after pics on his website and social media ...

--> My Thread