In your personal experience , what percentage of growth and new hairs did you see from 6 months to like a year

• Valued Contributor

@Hah6788887It varies from person to person though from what i have seen in normal cases people see growth upto 8-9 months and after that whatever is grown gets densify and mature upto 12-14 months

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

1 hour ago, A_4_Archan said:

@Hah6788887It varies from person to person though from what i have seen in normal cases people see growth upto 8-9 months and after that whatever is grown gets densify and mature upto 12-14 months

I appreciate the response. I'm sure it varies but I'm looking more for peoples own experience with their hts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hah6788887 said:

I appreciate the response. I'm sure it varies but I'm looking more for peoples own experience with their hts

The challenge you'll face is that you'll get responses that are extremes - people that saw exceptionally early growth and others than grew late. The best way to get an idea is to review past cases.

I was really quick - 6 weeks for the beginning of visible growth in the hairline and coverage at 4 months. 6-8 were thickening up and that continued until about 14-15 months.

It's pretty useless information though as that's individual to me and the surgeon and procedure. If I had a second procedure it may be completely different.

Generally I believe overall health and particularly age has the largest impact.

On 7/8/2023 at 4:46 AM, BackFromTheBrink said:

The challenge you'll face is that you'll get responses that are extremes - people that saw exceptionally early growth and others than grew late. The best way to get an idea is to review past cases.

I was really quick - 6 weeks for the beginning of visible growth in the hairline and coverage at 4 months. 6-8 were thickening up and that continued until about 14-15 months.

It's pretty useless information though as that's individual to me and the surgeon and procedure. If I had a second procedure it may be completely different.

Generally I believe overall health and particularly age has the largest impact.

Thats true. I've been in contact with my clinic and they've been helpful in providing feedback.  It's always a waiting game so we all just look for others experiences on here every now and than for whatever reason. I'm just going to keep waiting and see how things turn out at the end of 1 year 

Thats a good attitude to take. The wait is definitely the most difficult part of the procedure. Looking back at my conversations with the clinic, I was impatient and didn't really believe the feedback I had (which was that I was on track). I worried about overall growth, then specific weak points until I was satisfied it was all going to work out ok.

I've seen several people advise we 'trust the process'. Ultimately it's difficult to follow, but the only way to reduce anxiety!

It took around 5-6 months to see a noticeable improvement for me. After that it was mostly a case of the hair thickening (and hair that had previously been shaved growing back)