In which countries do you have to pay VAT on hairtransplants?

I actually don't understand why the belgian doctors do that. VAT is a fixes rate anyway, so there is no point at all in them not including it in their upfront cost. 

Not including VAT is not a thing in normal life in this part of the world (only when it's business purchases, which a transplant obviously won't be)

1 hour ago, Anon94 said:

I actually don't understand why the belgian doctors do that. VAT is a fixes rate anyway, so there is no point at all in them not including it in their upfront cost. 

Not including VAT is not a thing in normal life in this part of the world (only when it's business purchases, which a transplant obviously won't be)

it's bc the 25% VAT tax is pretty shocking and hard to swallow, especially considering the base cost of the HT itself is already costly, and if you are a foreigner you are not used to this VAT tax. 

And also, if you are not a Belgian citizen, there is literally no ROI on the VAT tax. You may as well be lighting this money on fire. At least when you pay US taxes (or taxes of whatever country you are a citizen of) you are at least benefiting from government services, tax refunds, etc. Unless you are getting some type of social service from the Belgian government, there is no ROI. 

If these doctors were to promote the VAT tax and/or include it in the original cost, it would dissuade many people from going. 

That all being said, I'm fairly certain Bisanga patients do not have to pay the VAT tax. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

What about other countries like spain, india, usa, colombia, brazil etc?

I am not 100% certain, but I do think that a hair transplant any country in the world would have some sort of additional government tax. 

The difference is :

-at least in the US, this would be considered a 'sales tax' which is a much much much smaller percentage than the VAT tax

-other countries that have VAT taxes, they are no where near 25%. 25% is a really severe percentage. Ex. I believe Hattingen in Switzerland has a VAT tax, but it is 7%. And even 7% could be considered a hefty surcharge. 

7 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

it's bc the 25% VAT tax is pretty shocking and hard to swallow, especially considering the base cost of the HT itself is already costly, and if you are a foreigner you are not used to this VAT tax. 

And also, if you are not a Belgian citizen, there is literally no ROI on the VAT tax. You may as well be lighting this money on fire. At least when you pay US taxes (or taxes of whatever country you are a citizen of) you are at least benefiting from government services, tax refunds, etc. Unless you are getting some type of social service from the Belgian government, there is no ROI. 

If these doctors were to promote the VAT tax and/or include it in the original cost, it would dissuade many people from going. 

That all being said, I'm fairly certain Bisanga patients do not have to pay the VAT tax. 

If I have to pay it, I want it included in the cost I'm quoted. Otherwise it's just false advertising. 

Everywhere else in Europe has VAT too, and they don't list the price without it included. 

As a patient I don't care how they end up at the cost. I just want to know what I have to pay. 

2 minutes ago, Anon94 said:

If I have to pay it, I want it included in the cost I'm quoted. Otherwise it's just false advertising. 

maybe the Belgian clinics will include the VAT tax in the quote if you want them too 🤷‍♂️

I get what you are saying how it is misleading to not have it included. 

But specifically for you, you do have the knowledge of the VAT tax, so it shouldn't make any material difference

At the end of the day you the prospective patient really have zero power or control over how a clinic runs their business.

I really wish consumers in this industry had more advocacy and power to affect change, but it is what it is. 

Turkey clinics do have taxes not VAT tax but different.

This is why many clinics don’t take credit card or bank transactions but cash.

Only in Islamic countries like Dubai/Saudi Arabia, there is no tax. Everywhere else there is tax called different things.

On 6/12/2023 at 11:23 PM, Turkhair said:

Turkey clinics do have taxes not VAT tax but different.

This is why many clinics don’t take credit card or bank transactions but cash.

Only in Islamic countries like Dubai/Saudi Arabia, there is no tax. Everywhere else there is tax called different things.

oh but the prices of turkish clinics here already include taxes or?

like for example bicer is 2.5 eur per graft including taxes right?

10 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

oh but the prices of turkish clinics here already include taxes or?

like for example bicer is 2.5 eur per graft including taxes right?

I have no idea about Bicer, never even considered her. But if she accepts credit cards, yes she is unloading the tax to the patient and including it in prices.

I know fuecapillar accepts credit cards so they pay taxes. 

It is laughable the lengths some clinics go to to hide from the government and not pay taxes. Some aren’t even registered. It’s so funny I had always seen this in movies, it was first time seeing how to evade taxes 101 in action in real life. 

Some foolish site claimed turkey loves hair transplants so it doesn’t tax them. So ignorant lol. People coming for hair transplants are so cheap, the only way government can profit is by taxing their HTs because they aren’t spending a single dime on even a taxi lol I was quite shocked actually to learn that. 

I guess this explains why Turkey economy is in such trouble despite being a hub of hair transplants and overloaded with foreigners, the clinics operate outside tax net and the foreigners eat free food and ride free taxis included in their clinic pricing, the government getting very little if any at all in profits. 

Edited by Turkhair