Overharvested/depleted donor area (COSMEDICA)

TH123

Some of you may have read my previous post about Cosmedica being reckless with my donor area. It’s now a month post op and it’s not looking any better. Is there any possibility of this looking normal? Any similar cases? (4600 grafts) IMG_5639.thumb.jpeg.4e16db61e0012ba65de2a2bcb44ebb83.jpeg

its tough to judge at 1 month. give it 3+ months and keep checking until month 6. your donor should have filled in by then if its just shock loss. i do agree that it looks depleted for now. overharvesting or shock loss that you will get to know in coming months. 

50 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

My donor looked very depleted for the first 3 months, and it only started to look decent by the 3.5 month mark and by 4 months it had grew back.

Do you have post-op photos so we can see the extractions?

That’s give me hope. How many grafts did you get if you don’t mind me asking? IMG_5657.thumb.png.eeceedc2409b0b542af4b47ad2fa7480.pngIMG_5656.thumb.png.92d2873752a4337cc35ecacb2f679f26.png

23 minutes ago, duckling said:

its tough to judge at 1 month. give it 3+ months and keep checking until month 6. your donor should have filled in by then if its just shock loss. i do agree that it looks depleted for now. overharvesting or shock loss that you will get to know in coming months. 

I’ve seen examples of shock loss photos tho and it doesn’t look like that. It’s normally confined to one area. This is how it looks all over the donor area. 

10 minutes ago, TH123 said:

I’ve seen examples of shock loss photos tho and it doesn’t look like that. It’s normally confined to one area. This is how it looks all over the donor area. 

My shockloss came in a diffused pattern rather than the traditional bald patches. Here is my thread of my donor shockloss recovery

20 minutes ago, TH123 said:

How many grafts did you get if you don’t mind me asking? 

3872 Grafts. About 2000 from my left side of my donor and 1800 on my right side of my donor.

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

59 minutes ago, mister_25 said:

My shockloss came in a diffused pattern rather than the traditional bald patches. Here is my thread of my donor shockloss recovery

3872 Grafts. About 2000 from my left side of my donor and 1800 on my right side of my donor.

Oh I see. Thanks for the input.