Shaveless FUE/Long Hair Fue procedure

Curious to hear others experiences with this? How discreet was it, how much more did you pay versus having a regular FUE procedure. Anything is appreciated. Having a consult with North Atlanta Hair Restoration clinic with Dr. Danyo where they specialize in these procedures. I’ve read great things. 

A little back story is I am a Norwood 3 at 27 years old, with slight thinning. I have strong donor hair. Mainly need in the 1500 graft range for in the front based on the few consults with top surgeons I have had. My hair looks the same as it did when I was 21. It has stabilized after years on finasteride and minoxidil (both oral). 

My job includes me being face to face all the time, so I want to keep my procedure discreet.

thank you in advance! 

I did this with 1275 grafts, and it was discreet enough that 6 days later I just looked like I had matted, messy hair and a crappy fade when I walked around without a hat when I was on vacation. However, I could not have worn my hair like I usually wore it in the office without it being noticeable. I didn't have manageable hair that could be worn in the office for ~5 weeks later, and it was another 5-8 weeks after that of just looking like I had significant thinning on the frontal third due to the shock loss from the procedure. In hindsight, I also think the no-shave approach should only be done with docs that have a great reputation for doing so (if at all), and the one I chose did not fit the bill there and as a result have less density now than I did before the FUE. If I were to ever do a procedure again, I think that I would go with the fully shaved approach to get the best results and just own the fact that I had the procedure. But that is easier said than done...

• Like 1

Thank you for your response. I am looking into Dr. Danyo in Atlanta who specializes in no shave. I just don’t have another option with my line of work and I’m willing to do 1,000 grafts multiple times throughout the years if needed. It’s so hard to find before and after photos of the shaveless technique. Hoping some people can share their experiences on here 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 6/2/2023 at 3:56 PM, Minnesota2 said:

Thank you for your response. I am looking into Dr. Danyo in Atlanta who specializes in no shave. I just don’t have another option with my line of work and I’m willing to do 1,000 grafts multiple times throughout the years if needed. It’s so hard to find before and after photos of the shaveless technique. Hoping some people can share their experiences on here 

Also interested in long hair FUE, did you move forward with Dr. Danyo?